Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my oil changed at the dealer the other day and the part number given was 12345885. Description just says oil 5w30s. Is that the correct part number for Mobile1?

Looked it up at GMPartsdirect and they list it for $5.34 for 6 qts, that can't be correct if it is Mobile1.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Go to Walmart.....get a 4 gallon container of Mobil 1 and pick up 2-1 qt containers.... Cheaper than getting it at the dealer.....get a K&N filter at a parts place go to the dealer and ask them to change the oil out for you....

My dealer does this and charges me 15.99.

·
Registered
104 Posts
GTO judge said:
Go to Walmart.....get a 4 gallon container of Mobil 1 and pick up 2-1 qt containers.... Cheaper than getting it at the dealer.....get a K&N filter at a parts place go to the dealer and ask them to change the oil out for you....

My dealer does this and charges me 15.99.
Yikes, buy your oil at Wal-Mart, here in MN you can get a 5 qt bulk container for about $18.

·
Registered
569 Posts
EEZ GOAT said:
must keep in mind that we use synth not reg mobil 1 or any thing else reg. synth cost more than reg. i got mine for $5.62 qt:willy:

I bought a bunch of Mobil One last month on sale at auto zone- they had a special going- 5 qts and a mobil one filter for $29. Couldn't beat it. I think there was a limit of 3 packages, but I went back a couple of times.
Joe

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
bergenfelter said:
Yikes, buy your oil at Wal-Mart, here in MN you can get a 5 qt bulk container for about $18.

Walmart here has the lowest price of a 5Qt Container of Mobil 1 syn....not 4 as I listed earlier oops.:willy: Last time I got it it was like 21.00 for 5 qts....Up from 19.99 from the time before. I can get a quart when it is on sale for about 4.99. And although I am not a great fan of Walmart, I am a fan of my outgoing $$$. I don't think they have pygmy child labor in a sweat shop churnin out bottles of oil. Just FAT CAT Oil Exec's making billions on bonuses at our expense.....anyway that's a different topic of discussion :willy: ....... Other auto parts places here such as Pep Boys our Auto Zone charges something like 6.99, I used to see it there for 5.99 a quart... Best price I seen it on sale there now is never.

If you look on ebay you can sometimes pick up K&N for a great price..... I got 2 of them for 18.00 delivered.

At any rate my point is...... Pick up the Mobil 1 and a filter and your dealer should only charge you labor for changing it.

I've changed oil in all my vehicles for over 32 years.... with the skid plate and the hassles that come with it.... I'll pay the 15.99. My dealer sometimes runs service specials and offers coupons.... Last time I had the oil changed it only cost me 6.99 for the labor.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I started this to find out if the dealer really put the correct oil in my car.
The invoice just said 12345885 OIL 5W30S I was not sure if they put in regular oil. I don't get charged for the oil changes so I did not have a price to refer to. I am one of the few lucky ones that got lifetime free oil changes from the dealer as an added incentive to buy the car. :party:

·
Registered
569 Posts
I got the same thing too from my dealer- but they flat out said it was only regular oil and I'd have to pay the difference for synthetic. I honestly would never bring my car back to any dealer unless it is warranty work- and even then I'd have to seriously consider the cost of doing it myself vs. having the hacks at the dealership work on it (not all, but my personal experiences with various dealers has been pretty poor- even people I know who work at dealerships admit they don't give a damn!).

Just curious, where in NJ did you buy your car?
Joe

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mc Guire
Little Falls, NJ

They were very nice there. Gave me free touchup paint, oil changes for the life of the car, they honored GM supplier discount combined with my GM points when I heard other dealers were not letting you get the discount on GTO's and most would not let you get both together and they did not blink an eye when I asked about a test drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.