Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm cleaning out my truck after fixing rear windshield/trunk water leak. I see these 3 "boxes" on driver side. I think they are old crossovers for speakers. Is that correct? Or is this part of wiring for '67 GTO?

Thanks, Carl

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm cleaning out my truck after fixing rear windshield/trunk water leak. I see these 3 "boxes" on driver side. I think they are old crossovers for speakers. Is that correct? Or is this part of wiring for '67 GTO?

Thanks, Carl View attachment 140849
Not Gto wiring. And what about the hose going to the fender well? Drain?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Maybe an old aftermarket burglar alarm,...looks like a lot of wires for speakers......

Or it could be a direct connection to the Pentagon.....

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
I'm thinkin' water tight containers for transporting cocaine over the border in from Mexico and the wiring is a self destruct mechanism that'll incinerate the stuff in the event a high powered, high speed chase, is unsuccessful - which is not likely being it is a GTO. ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Y'all are getting way too creative! The "hoses" are my adaptation of someone's solution for lack of drainage on rear windshield - they used copper tubes but I had so much rust that I used rubber hoses cuz i had nothing to weld to / braze to. A temporary solution until I replaced the entire rear panel - Leak or rain in your 1967 GTO trunk? If you only have...

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Y'all are getting way too creative! The "hoses" are my adaptation of someone's solution for lack of drainage on rear windshield - they used copper tubes but I had so much rust that I used rubber hoses cuz i had nothing to weld to / braze to. A temporary solution until I replaced the entire rear panel - Leak or rain in your 1967 GTO trunk? If you only have...
Hmmm. I thought it might have been a "relief tube" as found on aircraft seeing the car was a former drug runner - you don't want to stop and pee and get caught by the police, you just use the "relief tube." :oops:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Jason Statham had something like that in his car in Transporter 1, or was it Transporter 2..

Maybe it was his car......

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jason's rep confirmed it was his car from Transporter 0.5, before they switched to the Audi A8 for Transporter 1. The devices operated the license plate switching system.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts