Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, what is your best mod? What is the best dollar for dollar aftermarket upgrade all you guys have done to your GTO's (Monaro's for Groucho). It seems many of the members on this site have pretty deep pockets, I don't. So I want to make my money really count. No matter what the cost what is your best upgrade?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Still early in the life cycle , but for street : Valentine One @ $399 +S/H . A speeding ticket for 20 over is double in FL and around $380 I am told ... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,100 Posts
Know you've asked for one, but I've got two:

1. B&M Shifter from GTODEALER. Best $200 you'll ever spend.

2. Fabricated a dead pedal from an L bracket and an accelerator pedal turned upside down. Best $40 you'll ever spend. To take a look, click on my GTO Pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Xcommuter said:
Still early in the life cycle , but for street : Valentine One @ $399 +S/H . A speeding ticket for 20 over is double in FL and around $380 I am told ... :)
Hahaha my thoughts exactly I definitely agree this was my best money spent!! :agree
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SasdawgGTO said:
Hahaha my thoughts exactly I definitely agree this was my best money spent!! :agree
I see your fom Pleasanton also, I live off Santa Rita...you deal with Mike White much, he is from Dublin GMC. I'm sure you do, if not, ya should he is a good resource.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Cost for a night at the track $15
Cost of making 5 passes and honing your GTO driving skills $free
Look on your oppenents face whne you blow his doors off on the launch $priceless.

Seriously all the power in the world doesnt help if you cant put it to the ground well. Most important nut in the car is the one behind the wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
B&M Sport Shifter. Huge PITA to put in, well worth the cussing. $200 + bloodloss.

Chris White DIC Flash Mod. Shift light & tone-- simply awesome, and no more reminders of The Distributor when you turn the key. $100.

Valentine One radar detector. Accept no substitute. $399 cheap.

XM Commander. When one drives 230 miles every day, one must have satellite radio. $220 installed.

Spoiler delete. Ditch that fugly chunk of thermoplastic. $1.00 for plugs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
ouijaguy said:
I see your fom Pleasanton also, I live off Santa Rita...you deal with Mike White much, he is from Dublin GMC. I'm sure you do, if not, ya should he is a good resource.
Yea, I got my rims and exhaust from Mike at DMS, dont know him well but seems like a nice guy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
Cost for a night at the track $15
Cost of making 5 passes and honing your GTO driving skills $free
Look on your oppenents face whne you blow his doors off on the launch $priceless.

Seriously all the power in the world doesnt help if you cant put it to the ground well. Most important nut in the car is the one behind the wheel.
Where does one go to a track for $15???? And what Lincoln did/do you have? I had a Mark VIII, so did a friend of mine and he had the same plate.

Groucho-I agree with you on the XM. I was without it for a few weeks after I got my '05 and hated it. But at least I had V8 music to listen to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
Moroso Motorsports Park , test and tune every wed and friday year round
It was $10 till last year..
http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/Newsite/MainFrame.asp

My Lincoln is in my sig..The 11sec one picking up the front tires..
or you can go to my website
WWW.HOTRODLINCOLN.ORG
Too bad, I'm in NC, you and the track are in FL. Oh well. Very cool VII you have. I have friends, the Mark VIII owners, who had VIIs. I always liked their cars, and that's what got me into an VIII.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
My best mod was trading in my 04 Ram Rumble Bee, yeah.... it had a Hemi, for my 05 Goat..... it's got that factor that ford ain't got, the yee haw factor :rofl:

Oh, since I live down here in floriduh, the window tint was the best mod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
So far....the Stainless Works LT's/cat back.
I'm totally diggin the performance and the beeeeaautiful music it plays :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Peformance wise:
1) A cat-back exhaust system (pretty much any)
2) CAI (pretty much any also)

Looks/misc. wise:
1) MAKE YOUR OWN DEAL PEDAL (It makes the ride sooo much nicer)
2)Get the SAP
3) Either kill the stock spoiler, or get the SAP spoiler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
3.91 rear gears. Nothing but SEG's all day long. Torque is king, the gears just amplify the phemnomenon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Well all of the above mentioned mods are good, but if you want to take care of the car and keep the front end looking good you need to invest in 3M Paint Protection Film. Im a Dealer in VA and our headquarters is in FL, if you go to www.Ultrashieldusa.com you can find the closest dealer to your area. If you want to make the GTO handle better I recommend the Harrop rear diff cover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Performance wise it was my Loud mouth cat back. Looks wise it was my 18" Mille miglia rims.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
Well all of the above mentioned mods are good, but if you want to take care of the car and keep the front end looking good you need to invest in 3M Paint Protection Film. Im a Dealer in VA and our headquarters is in FL, if you go to www.Ultrashieldusa.com you can find the closest dealer to your area.
+1

I can vouch for the 3M Clear Bra. Amazing stuff. Pricey, but amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Groucho said:
+1

I can vouch for the 3M Clear Bra. Amazing stuff. Pricey, but amazing.
If you dont mind my asking, who did you have install the film and how much did you pay?


For anyone interested im willing to do a group purchase, if I can get 5 of you to all have the film installed on the same day I will knock $100 off the cost of each kit. Standard GTO kit is $525.00, an extended hood add's $50.00, the discount takes it to 425.00 and 475.00. If anyone is interested you can PM me.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top