Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested in purchasing a GTO, but before I do, I would like to know what mods are currently avail, and how much power can be picked up with them.

Am I wrong to think that Headers, exhaust, airbox/filters, etc. Are already on the market?

Has anyone done heads, cam?

Any SC, or TT GTOs out there?
I am NOT a NOS fan, so that's not an option for me.


I am looking for a LOT more GO from the GOAT! :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
GOTPWR said:
I am very interested in purchasing a GTO, but before I do, I would like to know what mods are currently avail, and how much power can be picked up with them.

Am I wrong to think that Headers, exhaust, airbox/filters, etc. Are already on the market?

Has anyone done heads, cam?

Any SC, or TT GTOs out there?
I am NOT a NOS fan, so that's not an option for me.


I am looking for a LOT more GO from the GOAT! :party:
Everything you mentioned is available for the 04 and 05, not sure why you would want to change the LS2 heads and I am not sure about the LS2 cam. There are SC and Turbo GTO's but only on the 04 LS1. We are all waiting for the LS2 huffers to come out. I am not a NOS fan either, this engine is way too pricey for that. Get yourself the GTO enjoy it for a little while and then when the turbines and SC's come out you will have enough bolt on power to snap axles. :cheers
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,146 Posts
Here is a package from MDMC

The 650 HP 6.0 Liter D-1 Procharger Package includes


Custom D1 Procharger
3 Core custom intercooler
1 7/8 ceramic coated long tube headers.
2.5 inch high flow exhaust
Custom computer tuning
Injectors
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JMVorbeck said:
Everything you mentioned is available for the 04 and 05, not sure why you would want to change the LS2 heads and I am not sure about the LS2 cam. There are SC and Turbo GTO's but only on the 04 LS1. We are all waiting for the LS2 huffers to come out. I am not a NOS fan either, this engine is way too pricey for that. Get yourself the GTO enjoy it for a little while and then when the turbines and SC's come out you will have enough bolt on power to snap axles. :cheers
I don't know enough yet about the LS2 heads, cam, etc. It's just routine to switch heads, cam for a turbo setup, due to flow, strength, etc. It would be NICE if that was NOT needed! :D

I hope I can get some upgraded shafts to hold the Massive power that I am hoping is possible! :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
05GTO said:
Here is a package from MDMC

The 650 HP 6.0 Liter D-1 Procharger Package includes


Custom D1 Procharger
3 Core custom intercooler
1 7/8 ceramic coated long tube headers.
2.5 inch high flow exhaust
Custom computer tuning
Injectors
Looks like a Nice setup, with some pretty good power too. Did you upgrade the radiator as well. How's the car handle the added heat from the SC? How much boost?


I'm a huge fan of turbos, but if they aren't readily avail, then I would go SC until they come out.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top