Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using basic Dexron 3 for about 2 years and 10k miles but it definitely feels pretty notchy. This seems to be pretty common/normal. I've read about so many different people recommending so many different fluids (basic dexron 3, dont use Royal Purple synthetic, do use Amsoil, redline, mobil1 atf, syncromesh etc) I dont know what to think:banghead:.

It would be nice to know what fluid everyone here is using, for how long(time/mileage), how it feels and if they have any other fluids to compare it to?:lurk:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SIXO GTO, Redline is near the top of my list.

MWR, is that GM Syncromesh or another brand? Ever used anything else in there?

Today I just took a wiff of some GM syncromesh and smelled almost exactly like ATF. I suppose its just ATF with a friction modifier in it for the syncros?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Today I just took a wiff of some GM syncromesh and smelled almost exactly like ATF.
It is ATF. If I recall correctly they sell it with and without FM. I've also seen it with an AC Delco label and different part numbers but I'm fairly certain it's the same stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
SIXO GTO, Redline is near the top of my list.

MWR, is that GM Syncromesh or another brand? Ever used anything else in there?

Today I just took a wiff of some GM syncromesh and smelled almost exactly like ATF. I suppose its just ATF with a friction modifier in it for the syncros?
I get mine right over the GM parts counter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts