Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting the new GTO the first day a rebate or incentive comes out and I was wondering if you guys knew what should come with the car. ie. How many keys, FOB, Manuals, CD? (I noticed that the GTO I test drove with 7 miles on it had a empty CD cover in the glove box) Thanking you in advance.
Chris
http://members.cox.net/impala

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recently picked up my 05 GTO. Car came with 2 main keys, 2 valet keys (glovebox), the usual manuals (warranty and basic info), and a CD/ROM. In the glovebox also found the plastic plugs that hold down the floor mats and the front license plate holder (thank goodness not installed by dealer, no front plates here in NC).

One thing my 05 does not have is a dead pedal. I though that was a change for the 05 model year. My car has a late 04 build date so maybe the pedal is coming with the 18" wheel option/sports package option.

Greg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, you are correct. A card was slipped into the envelope containing the manual, etc. It lists the key codes, radio code, etc. Good idea to place this somewhere outside of the car :). Left it with the sales paperwork at home.

Forgot about that thing already.

Greg

·
Registered
42 Posts
ncgoat said:
One thing my 05 does not have is a dead pedal. I though that was a change for the 05 model year. My car has a late 04 build date so maybe the pedal is coming with the 18" wheel option/sports package option.

Greg
I think I read somewhere that the dead pedal was not actually a "pedal" but just a higher flat spot on the left side of the pedals. Anybody else know for sure?

·
Registered
56 Posts
On the MBM '05 I test drove last week, the "dead pedal" wasn't a pedal at all. It was as if someone had put a block about the height of half a brick under the carpet.

A related comment, I think I read in the '05 brochure that Pontiac had moved the pedals closer together compared to the '04. I never drove an '04, but I can say the pedals are now nicely situated for heel and toeing. However, if you have wide shoes or wide feet, you have to be careful sliding your foot between the clutch and the "dead pedal"

·
Registered
10 Posts
05 GTO Delivery

I picked up my 05 a couple of weeks ago, and the Dealer detail shop lost the Code card, and was not aware of the fact, the car is shipped with 55-60 lbs of air in tires, to keep car more stable during shipping. My car has the "Dead Pedal" shelf, and the pedals are indeed situated for better heal & toe operation. The CD for my car was in the CD changer. Good Luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the info regarding the "dead pedal". I had expected something more matching the existing pedals, haven't been in an 04. I do have biggish feet and tend to bang the underdash (or something, haven't looked yet) when moving between the clutch and "dead pedal".

Greg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.