Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am thinking about buying a new gto becuse of the body style (not the engine you can allways upgrade to 400) But should I get an 04 model and just put a body kit on it ? I can get an 04 for 19,995 and a good body kit for 3,000 and 700-1500 for a 430 I am seeking or should I get an 06,

·
Registered
455 Posts
The 04-06s generally look the same. The Sports Appearance Package was a factory body kit that was offered, but I think the take-up on the SAP was pretty low (IOW, you won't see very many with SAPs). The main body difference from 04 to 05/06 was the hood with scoops.

If you do get a GTO and a body kit, please get something tasteful. I know it would be your car, but I would hate to see a good muscle car blinged/pimped/riced out :(

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to use the race version body kit with a smaller wing and some under body neon lights blue,a dark color. With some race wheels I am not into the chrome look to much cleaing I'm not lazy but my friends have some they clean there ever other day.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Not to be rude MJG- but you are not among your peers here :). This is pretty much an older, more mature (usually :p) crowd. Neon lights and wild body kits usually belong on hondahookup.com.
Joe
edit for clarification- I wasn't trying to say "go home kid, you're not welcome"- that's not it at all. Just saying you will not get a lot of people with the same tastes you have. Heh, 16 was a LONG time ago for many of us :).

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What in youre opinon is wrong with undebody llights (I did not mean neon but led lights, neon glow is tacky) as long as you don't put it on ever square inch of the car it looks nice, Well in my opinion:D

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
It's your ride. Dress it up how you'd like, and post some pics. Surprise us. We may say: "DAMN!:cool :cheers " or we may say "damn.:lol: :willy::lol: "

·
Registered
27 Posts
Personally I'd opt for the 05/06 GTO, everything I've seen shows that the 04 didn't hold its resale value very well due to styling(or lack of the same) and its only worth what its worth no matter how much you spend on it, and for what your talking about spending you can slide into a good low mileage 05/06 GTO.

JUst a personal opinion, not meant to offend anyone in any way.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I DO remember being 16. Let's just say that I graduated from high school since the turn of the millenium. :D If the extra power is not what is important to you, then I would go for the 04 because you can save yourself several grand. The fact that the resale value is not as good on the 04 actually helps you (at least for now and if you plan on keeping it for a while) because somebody else has already taken the bulk of the immediate depreciation on the car. It really just depends on how much money you have/are willing to dish out. You will LOVE it no matter which year you buy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
GTO judge said:
I beg your pardon!!!!!! I distinctively remember being 16, like yesterday. Or so I thought I was :willy: It seems like I went to bed at 16 and woke up in my 40's. Where did those years go? :confused :confused :confused
Haha- I am only 33, but 16 was a long time ago to me when I think of lifes changes along the way!!! I do, at times, catch myself saying "eightee... twenty fo... uh 33" when people ask my age like I just realized it lol...
Joe

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I graduated high school when that kid was born!:willy: Man that seems like yesterday.

·
Registered
186 Posts
C'mon, neon has GOT to increase output by 5hp at least! Add some stickers, and you're well on your way to 500 hp...

Just our opinion, but spend your money on real performance. Don't crap out the car, I'm beggin' ya...!:willy: :eek: :confused

Jim M

·
Registered
455 Posts
One thing I do want to say though, when it comes to mods and such:

If this is your first performance car (in the case of the original poster, should he get a GTO it would be), and you insist on getting a performance car at a young age without getting some driving experience under your belt, please drive the car stock for quite a while until you get a handle on the performance and a proper respect for it before modding it to make it faster. Who knows, maybe it would be sufficient and you could save some money, if anything?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.