Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone I've been debating with myself for the past week, what muffler should I put on my 06 GOaT? But then I thought who would know better than an entire forum of goat owners. So what would you go with ??

·
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
202 Posts
More like......what doesn't sound good on a Goat? I have the super 40's as well, and love 'em! I haven't heard any exhaust on a GTO that I didn't think sounded good!

·
Registered
108 Posts
if you are not looking for hp gain, get flow master super 40's. if you want hp gain and NOT hellish lound, get magnaflows w/xpipe or borla. if you want HELLISH LOUND with hp gain,get SLP LMII or corsica (sp):cheers

What kind of gains can be made by a simple muffler swap?

What do you consider hellish sound? Can loud ever be loud enough?

What kind of gains can be made with a complete exhaust/header swap?

·
Registered
123 Posts
hi everyone I've been debating with myself for the past week, what muffler should I put on my 06 GOaT? But then I thought who would know better than an entire forum of goat owners. So what would you go with ??
I ordered a set of Flowmaster Super 40's last night. They are already in Wyoming, from Michigan, but the delivery date is set for the 26th. That seems like a long way off for making it better than half way here in one day.

I have heard good things about the sound they provide. I will be adding headers soon too. One step at a time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What kind of gains can be made by a simple muffler swap?

What do you consider hellish sound? Can loud ever be loud enough?

What kind of gains can be made with a complete exhaust/header swap?
1. I was going to say 1-3 HP. The stocker seems really restrictive from the cross section I saw.

2. You should hear Smittys in person. Holy GOD!

3. Already answered

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
When I added lt headers, I switched out the stock exhaust with magnaflow system including h-pipes and it has a nasty indy sound. Much deeper than the standard exhaust system.

I also put on the cai and predator tuner (still fine tuning) and we are up to 435 hp.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I added lt headers, I switched out the stock exhaust with magnaflow system including h-pipes and it has a nasty indy sound. Much deeper than the standard exhaust system.

I also put on the cai and predator tuner (still fine tuning) and we are up to 435 hp.
:agree :agree :agree

I started with Kooks LT's, resonator delete, x-pipe, and Flow Super 40's. Other mods are Volant CAI, LS2 predator. My car sounds like a Rottweiler on steroids at idle and a demon from hell at WOT. Everyone who hear's it asks what the hell I've got in that thing. It's awesome. :D :D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.