Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am piecing together a 389 with A/C to re-install into a 66 GTO. Many of the parts are in boxes and bags. I'm trying to figure out where this thing goes. It clearly is a bracket that came off the engine but I'm not exactly sure where. Thoughts?
Wood Tints and shades Beige Font Concrete
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior
Self-propelled artillery Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire Gas
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
That is for the passenger side exhaust manifold crossover heat riser valve. I believe it bolts to the oil filter mount and keeps the heat riser valve from rotating to far.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi,

You’ll find the proper location pictured in Motor Trends two-part write up of Scott Tiemanns original 389 concourse rebuild article. The engine was painted after installation so the material in the picture is painted blue.

Bumper Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive tire

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok - next problem. What do I do with this hole in the back end of the driver side cylinder head? I figured out the same hole on the passenger side. Can't figure out the driver side. View attachment 146078
If you don’t already know you have your heads on wrong, the head with the water neck should go on the passenger side where the water neck is to the rear, the front of both heads water port is covered by the intake, the water port on the drivers side that is plugged should be at the rear of the block.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts