Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here it goes...I currently have a 2k1 Firebird which i am almost done paying off. But this weekend, i was at the dealership getting my car's oil changed. I have been checking out the GTO for a while now. Although i love the 66 gto, there is no way i can ever find one in my price range. So what do i do? Do i trade in my Firebird for a 2k4 GTO? Just like i have read everywhere, i was not really impressed by the body. But i really like the engine setup. Can you guys give me sound advice?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tuxedo Mask said:
Okay, here it goes...I currently have a 2k1 Firebird which i am almost done paying off. But this weekend, i was at the dealership getting my car's oil changed. I have been checking out the GTO for a while now. Although i love the 66 gto, there is no way i can ever find one in my price range. So what do i do? Do i trade in my Firebird for a 2k4 GTO? Just like i have read everywhere, i was not really impressed by the body. But i really like the engine setup. Can you guys give me sound advice?
Take it for a test drive,You'll be hooked!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what i am afraid of! :)
i just received an email from a local Pontiac dealer offering me the 04 GTO at 29,995 plus tax and etc. Does anyone know what amount typically the insurance is a month? I remember getting a quote on a 2K1 Trans Am at about $335 a month. That is waaaay too much.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Tuxedo Mask said:
That is what i am afraid of! :)
i just received an email from a local Pontiac dealer offering me the 04 GTO at 29,995 plus tax and etc. Does anyone know what amount typically the insurance is a month? I remember getting a quote on a 2K1 Trans Am at about $335 a month. That is waaaay too much.
There's another thread (someplace here) that includes rates. From my personal experience, my rate went up a mere $20/6 months going from my 1999 Blazer to the GTO. But insurance companies are funny... your age, driving record, locality, and phase of the moon all seem to come into play as far as rates.

For me, I was surprised that the GTO rate was not astronomical, a bit over $300/6 months. Then again, I've been with them forever, have an excellent record, insure my house with them, get a multi-car discount, etc, etc, etc.

---Larry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what you mean Larry. What part of Chicago are you from? I am originally from Chicago Heights. i have been in love with GTO's since i was a wee lad. Now that i have seen the new GTO, i am itching really really bad to get one. i am just afraid of really high car and insurance payments.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm in about as north-western as you can get and still be in cook county - Elgin-Bartlett. I grew up in Berwyn - try not to hold that against me.

Hey, give your insurance guy a call, I didn't go near the dealer until I had all the financing and such all figured out. I knew once I walked in there'd be no waking out empty handed! ;)

---Larry

·
Registered
51 Posts
Tuxedo Mask said:
I would say go test drive one and feel the power! I would figure since they 05's should be coming sooner or later, some great deals are going to be cut on the 04's. Even though you are getting the LS1 and not the new LS2 you still have such a wide range of performance parts available, that you will have no problem gaining that 50 extra ponies. The body style owns all, I see a bunch of these suped up sleek looking V8's that I smoke on a daily basis with my little SRT. Now with the GTO one sneaks up on me and I think it's a cavalier till I hear it's rumble and grunts! The GTO when it first came out originally wasn't all that great looking, but the power was there, I feel that they are following the same path with the updated model!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know what you mean, 2TireFire. i saw one the other day on the freeway and i could HEAR it... Hehehehehe. I am still debating about the whole darn thing. i guess i will have to take a trip down to the dealer and see what they are offering. i really like my Firebird, but i loooove the GTO! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts