·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought this might be interesting....What do you think your next car will be
whether or not you still have the Goat by 2010? Why? What is your thought
process? Here's mine:

1) New GTO (only if performance is better than LS2's or the styling is a
must have kinda thing still with an LS2 or equivalent motor).
2) Grand Prix (holden platform), also only if performance is worthy
Doesn't have to be as good as GTO but should be "fun".
3. Dodge Challenger (if it ends up being the production beast it
has the potential to be...)
4) Camaro (only if the performance matches or supersedes our GTO's)

Those are my thoughts for 4 yrs into the future, from what I can crystal
ball right now. Any thoughts?:cool :cheers

·
Registered
249 Posts
Havoing doubts about going with GM next time.

I might find a deal on a used Z06 by then and get it though

·
Registered
35 Posts
already looking at buying a 03-06 F350 dually or Excursion turbo diesel. we really need a truck and i have driving Chevy's and doge as well as the ford diesel trucks and by far i like the ford. also need it for a tow vehicle. my bronco just wont cut it. just as well still towing the car in the 28' trailor the excursion we used still got 17 mpg. if nothing else its for the gas mileage and also reliability.

and as for another car. if we trade in her saturn it would be for a new camaro. or an 05-06 gto

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
If they do a Challenger convertible SRT8, that would probably be enough to get me out of the C6. Plum crazy with a white top and white leather. I definately won't be the first guy out there with a Challenger though, the price is going to be nuts for the first year or two. Might keep the C6 and buy the Challenger too, turn the C6 into my daily driver and just keep the pickup for weekend hauling and boat towing.

No real plans right now though.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If they do a Challenger convertible SRT8, that would probably be enough to get me out of the C6. Plum crazy with a white top and white leather. I definately won't be the first guy out there with a Challenger though, the price is going to be nuts for the first year or two. Might keep the C6 and buy the Challenger too, turn the C6 into my daily driver and just keep the pickup for weekend hauling and boat towing.

No real plans right now though.
:agree We can only hope they don't pull the same stunt as they did with
the Shelby GT500's. That was just ridiculous. I'd have a Corvette any day
over one of those at 15-20K over MSRP!:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
It will be a new Corvette Z06. Maybe a new Tahoe or Trailblazer between now and then, but the long range plan (3-4 years) is for the new Corvette. I think of the GTO as the Poor Man's Corvette. I bought the GTO because it has a back seat for the kids, otherwise I would have purchased a used Corvette. I just have to get my eight-family purchase out of the way before I buy a new Z06.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Honestly? I want to be in some kind of race car by then. Hopefully something like a Speed World Challenge GT car -- although I'll settle for a Grand Am Cup GS ride! It's why I'm driving myself nuts with this start up company of mine. Ugh.

·
Registered
115 Posts
2003+ E55

1 - 20 of 43 Posts