Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you thought you'd previously seen it all, well, you're wrong. Case in point: David Morales Colón, a 22-year-old Puerto Rican man who was shot to death last Thursday, and whose wake is now making headlines here in the United States mainland. How come? Well, suffice it to say that the funeral directors at Marin Funeral Home in San Juan's Hato Rey neighborhood have a flair for the unorthodox. For example, in 2008, they embalmed another young shooting victim and displayed his body standing up for the duration of a multi-day wake.

Back to the present: Yesterday and today, callers who stopped to pay their final respects to the late Mr. Colón got a bit of a surprise. Instead of the traditional presentation of the body in a casket, Mr. Colón's corpse, dressed in casual duds and sunglasses, was instead posed in a very lifelike position atop his Repsol-liveried Honda CBR600 F4. According to Puerto Rico's Primera Hora newspaper, the motorcycle was given to the victim by his uncle, and upon Mr. Colón's untimely demise, family members delivered the bike to the funeral home specifically for this unusual wake.

Lest you think this is some sort of insane hoax, here's the link to the local Primera Hora newspaper coverage, which features a multi-shot photo gallery, and here's the less detailed Associated Press wire version that's presently making the rounds. Finally, we've got a video posted after the jump. We'll say this: David Morales Colón rides into the afterlife in memorable style. Thanks to Joel for the tip, and thanks to Wes Siler for the bike ID.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
That's just plain f*cked up right there... I officially have the creeps for the rest of today and possibly all of tomorrow...

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Batmans, I don't know how or where you dig some of this stuff up................

·
Registered
505 Posts
I heard about this on the Radio today... im speechless!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Atleast it lightens the mood. Not a bad idea unless your really old school.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
They got his hat on wrong, cant' ride with your hat on Forward, Noobs.
Video had me waiting for something to happen. I want' to go at 170 MPH and all my remaining parts they scoop up and put in a bucket, then my buddies have a kegger on my grave! Or spread my ashes in the burnout box! My grandmother told me in her Deathbed, "Dan, don't get old, it sucks". I said, "the alternative is??" Dying young?
That guy is more famous in his death than he ever was in life, so he wins.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Video had me waiting for something to happen. My grandmother told me in her Deathbed, "Dan, don't get old, it sucks".
Like him getting off the bike??!! Boo!!! My farther in-law told me once, "The only thing golden about the golden years is my urine"....:lol:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Like him getting off the bike??!! Boo!!! My farther in-law told me once, "The only thing golden about the golden years is my urine"....:lol:
Nice quote.
My Dad is 76, drinks like a fish and smokes, but won't date old woman--because they look old. He thinks he's still fourty, funny stuff.
I realize I am on the backside of the hill, so I want to do everything now that I couldn't do when I was young, no time to waste, do it all, do it now!! I'm only 44, but know time goes real fast.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have a special procedure. . . they give my body an enema and put me in a shoe box. Simple and to the point. Wait a minute, does that mean that I am full of . . . . oh well, if the shoe fits....

·
Registered
336 Posts
"i wanna go out like my grand pa.... peacefully in his sleep......................... not like the passenger in his car. screaming!" my that quote is funny stuff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts