Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all,

In a showroom near my work stands this GTO, not blue, but in my fav color purple. I'm in love with it! I have searched online yesterday, but am not able to find the year or model.

Could anybody be so nice and give me all the details about this gorgeous car please?

Thnx loads, regards, Wybrand

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2004 cosmos purple. It has have purple leather interior right? Ls1 engine 350hp. Rare color.
Nope........ the color is indeed that of the Cosmos Purple, but the guy at the showroom (not the owner of the car) just told me he thought it is a '74.

I just wanna know what year and model the above car in the picture is please ;)

Thnx for your reply!

Regards, Wybrand

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nope........ the color is indeed that of the Cosmos Purple, but the guy at the showroom (not the owner of the car) just told me he thought it is a '74.

I just wanna know what year and model the above car in the picture is please ;)

Thnx for your reply!

Regards, Wybrand
It's not a GTO. Its a Firebird. And yes, 74 looks about right but could be a
72-73 as well. What size motor does it have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for posting in the GTO forum! I didn't know! But thnx loads!

So I take it the car in the picture is a: 1972 Lucerne Blue Pontiac Formula Firebird 455 HO?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Man you guys sure know your cars. It isn't a GTO at all. Its a 72 Firebird. Jeeze.

For those of you who don't know the difference between a firebird and a GTO:

Sure the front bumper area has that similar aggressive front end, but did any of you look at that cute lil' spoiler back there? The GTO has two headlights, not one. Also if you look at the Left front fender, it has the name of the car, but it is way too long of a name to be GTO.

To tell what year firebird:
No louvers on the front fenders, not 71.
No grill emblem not a 73.

But cool right hander. Must of come from Sweden or Australia or somethin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts