Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been "lurking" on this site for a couple wks. now and this is my first day to register and post a msg. Let me first say that it's a great site with a lot of helpful info. and not much flameing going on. That's a real positive. I live in a rural area in NW Tennessee on the Ky./Tn. border, near Ky. Lake. From reading most all of the posts on this site it looks like the remaining, new, unsold 2004 GTO's are a real bargain. Some say dealers will sell you a new 2004 in the $22 to $23 thousand range. My problem is that the small local dealers in my area, that have a 2004, are still in the $27 to $28 thousand range. I'd be willing drive 500 miles or so if I could find a real deal on a 2004. I think I would prefer a 6-spd in either Impulse Red or Barbados Blue. If that's not possible then I would consider an automatic. Can anyone tell me what you can really buy a 2004 for and what is a good "lease" monthly rate for a 2 or 3 yr. lease? Does anyone know of a dealer relatively close (Louisville, Memphis, St. Louis, Little Rock, Atlanta, Nashville, Cincinnati, etc.) that would have what I'm looking for and at realistic selling price? Any info. you can provide will be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A Good Price, Anyone------Anyone?

Well, 24 hrs. and 51 viewers later and not one single response to my question about what the 2004 GTO's are selling for. Did I post in the wrong forum, phrase my question wrong, or is it that no one knows what the 2004's are selling for? I felt certain I had found the right site to ask this question but the lack of any responses makes me wonder. I'm still searching for 2004 current, real world, prices and would appreciate any info. that anyone can provide. Thanx. If I have violated any unwritten rules or code of conduct and that's the reason for the lack of input pls. let me know what I did wrong.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You didn't do anything wrong, it just can be a little slow at times. The Pontiac dealers received $5,000 for their remaining 2004's in inventory after 12-31-04. There is a dealer an hour and a half from me in Spearfish, SD, advertising 2 remaining 04's at $25,988 and they are both autos. One is a Pulse Red. Not real sure if he still has both or not. With an invoice of approximately $31,100, that would put the dealer at about $26,100. If you can find a six speed, they are $1,000 less due to the gas guzzler tax on the autos. :cheers

Edit: You can go on the GM site and use it to locate dealers and nearby GTO's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buffalo, Thanks For the Info.

Buffalo, That's exactly the type info. I was searching for! Thanks for responding and giving me an idea of what the remaining 2004 GTO's are selling for. Now if I can only find one of those $22 to $23 thousand dollar deals that I've been hearing about!

·
Registered
46 Posts
pontiacphil said:
I've been "lurking" on this site for a couple wks. now and this is my first day to register and post a msg. Let me first say that it's a great site with a lot of helpful info. and not much flameing going on. That's a real positive. I live in a rural area in NW Tennessee on the Ky./Tn. border, near Ky. Lake. From reading most all of the posts on this site it looks like the remaining, new, unsold 2004 GTO's are a real bargain. Some say dealers will sell you a new 2004 in the $22 to $23 thousand range. My problem is that the small local dealers in my area, that have a 2004, are still in the $27 to $28 thousand range. I'd be willing drive 500 miles or so if I could find a real deal on a 2004. I think I would prefer a 6-spd in either Impulse Red or Barbados Blue. If that's not possible then I would consider an automatic. Can anyone tell me what you can really buy a 2004 for and what is a good "lease" monthly rate for a 2 or 3 yr. lease? Does anyone know of a dealer relatively close (Louisville, Memphis, St. Louis, Little Rock, Atlanta, Nashville, Cincinnati, etc.) that would have what I'm looking for and at realistic selling price? Any info. you can provide will be appreciated.
Hey, I am from UNION CITY, TN. There are alot of 2004 GTO's left MUCH closer than 500 miles. Can't help much on prices but there is still a large selection left on the lots of 04's.
P.S.- There is a 2004 PULSE RED 6-speed at the dealer in Jefferson City, MO. Good Luck!

·
Banned
98 Posts
You may want to remind the dealer that the 04's were advertised for 22,899 a couple of mos ago. What the car "can" be sold for is entirely up to them. They may take a loss on a unit to get rid of it. This is commonplace in many other retail businesses and can certainly be done in the automotive sector. Your dealer is dreaming if he sees any profit margin left. The situation is clearly a buyers market as the 04's are dead in the water at this point.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There is a purple M6 left at the local dealer that can be purchased for 24,500. The 04's in this part of NC are about gone and with the 05's not expected here for 3-4 months the 04 prices will not go down any for a while.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Before the GM Card bonus I got silver/black for 25400 but that was early december. i could have driven four hours and gotten a black one for 1150 less.

I dint shop around much because i wasnt looking for a car when i bought mine, and I had other more important things to worry about.

it was an impulse purchase, the dealer 30 miles away gave me straight answers, and didnt play any games (Arnold Buick/Pontiac in Bayshore, NY). it took longer to write this than to do the whole deal! he showed me his tissue, which may or may not be his cost, deducted one coupon and said he had one left for the other two GTOs he had in stock. Fair enough.

my wife said no to purple, yellow, impulse, and i said no way to red or red or a red interior. that left me with barbados, silver and black.

·
Banned
98 Posts
roadracer said:
There is a purple M6 left at the local dealer that can be purchased for 24,500. The 04's in this part of NC are about gone and with the 05's not expected here for 3-4 months the 04 prices will not go down any for a while.
What possible reason could there be for 05's not arriving in your area until June?

·
Banned
98 Posts
tiresmoker said:
2 weeks ago with 2180 miles on it...with 34 months of warranty left for $24800...tax included. It is an a4, black on black. I really wanted an o5 but I figured I'll wait a year till they are 24,800 & get one then!!
I like that idea. Makes sense to me. Grab an 04 right now for a reasonable price, then jump to an 05 when the time and price are right. You won't get crushed with a large chunk of depreciation that way. Good game plan!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.