Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove around for an hour on some backroads, letting her loose, and skipped my first period in school because I know whats more important.:cheers

So what'd you do?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Put some more E85 in it and fired it up for the first time since I parked it last fall. Need to get the transmission swapped, the grilles back in, a rear bumper on it, then do some electrical work so I can cruise it when the salt is off the roads. I also looked at the 65, its about to get priority in shop work again.

Right now I am headed to town to get pushrods and crank keys for the latest 455.. that might find its way into the GTO.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Masked off the grills to shoot them with silver paint. Took the SS trim to a guy to have them polished. Ordered new rocker panel moldings. Tried to consol my wallet, he's taking a beating.

·
Registered
20 Posts
walked pass it on my way out the garage to work. Good in my truck and saw it was a nice day. Pulled the truck out of the way and drove her to work. =D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered some supplies from Summit,swept out the garage,lost of dust dirt from the winter slumber.I then went for nice ride to get up to temp and splash in some fresh gas. Some recent rain took care of residual road salt.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I looked at it. Still have patchy snow. Salt and sand still on roads. Spring is taking its sweet ol' time showing up this year. It's not going to see the road anytime soon....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Went out to the garage,took off the cover.disconnected battery tender, checked the tires,and fired her up.Then went for a cruz.........Finally,got up into the 60's today...
DK.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Peeled off the masking from primer and started wet sanding....another month and a half and it should be on the road...:cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I started it up last night, let it warm up enough to idle and kick in the electric fans. As usual, I just stood there and listened to it run, a big grin pasted on my face. Then I spent some time removing old wiring and a/c-heater controls from the old and cracked dash, perparing to clean up the controls and figure out how I'm going to make them work with the new A/C system from Classic Auto Air. I'm going to spend some more time working on that tonight.

Sometimes it seems like there's not a lot left to do, "just" paint and interior mostly. Other times, it seems a million miles away.

Bear

·
Registered
76 Posts
Didn't do anything directly TO it today, but I recieved and put together the Formula wheel kit I ordered for it. While I do like the Custom Sport wheel for it's classic look, I couldn't talk myself out of the Formula wheel - I love the look and I greatly prefer a fat grip when driving. Since I had the wheel off to replace my ignition cylinder, I figured now was as good a time as any to do the swap :)

The wheel kit is excellent quality with my only complaint being the allen head screws had some minor surface rust on them. Just waiting on that ignition cylinder before I can put everything back together. With any luck, next weekend will actually be driving weather around here - lots of rain lately which is doing a nice job of cleaning up the roads.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I took out the gas tank, brake and fuel lines, and pulled the old 350 with the saginaw. that was all in the last week. On the seventh day I rested. Tomorrow Ill pull the rear end and start preping for POR-15.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Thumpin, that newer red car got in the way of all the cool cars!!:cheers:cheers

Today, I took my 70 to the tranny shop to get it rebuilt as he said that the cage had broke in the tranny. I took the owner for a ride and he said that my starter isn't retracting and is hitting the flywheel!! So, I need to replace the starter! I still don't undrestand why it would only rattle under power, but $50 for a starter is better than $1500 for a tranny. And I bought a 2000 stall converter, but it was on back order, so I was able to cancel that purchase.. So, $50 for a starter is good, but I found out my dad's cancer is back, so may be travelling for that and leaving the car out of the picture for a bit..

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thumpin, that newer red car got in the way of all the cool cars!!:cheers:cheers
Thats the winter beater, still a Pontiac and it was only $500. I washed all the salt off it the other day so now its shiny again.. This year is turning out to be a good one, so the GTOs are going to get done and drivable shortly!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts