Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a 2005 M6 for around 30k.

I would imagine I could hold out for something a little better, but not much.

Also, GMAC's finincing right now stinks. I'm looking to finance this through a third party (maybe a credit union). I have excellent credit.

Anyhoo - does 30K financed @ 48/4.75 sound like a decent deal or not?

·
Banned
119 Posts
Somewhere in the $29s right now if you want to bargin abit.But when July 5th rolls around GM says that the Employees discount will run out.Funny with the laying off of 25,000 people in the next 2 years GM will not be able to give the Employees discount too anyone because they will have nooo employees lol.
Don't listen to anyone I am sure they will have the GM Employees Discount for another few months because its the end of the season and they will be getting the new 06s in on Aug.
I am sure there will be Bigger Rebates Lower Interest Rates or 0% and maybe you can get the GTO for around $28,000 in Aug Or Sept.
Thats what i am waiting for.
If you read some of the post there are many GTOs at the Docks waiting for Delivery...Johnny

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If history is any guide, the 06's will not arrive until December/January (not August).

I can get $30,232 and 4.75/48 mo financing for an M6 2005. I haven't shopped that rate yet - I will check and see how much better I can do. But, I don't think I will get any smoking rates like GMAC was offering a while back (36 month / 0% is what I'm looking for).

That price is also through a wholesale dealer (where I bought my current car - 1998 GTP). When I get the best financing rate I can get, I will give the dealer the opportunity to beat that price. But, all things being equal, I would probably lean to the wholesale dealer. It's as simple as a phone call and they fax you their best price. Then, you go to their office, sign some papers, and pickup your new car. Plus, since it's a wholesale car, it doesn't have a dealer sticker on the trunk/back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
4/4.75% @ $30K is about $687 per month

3/0% $30K is over $800 per month.

You guys have a LOT more money to throw away than I do, holy smokes it's just a car LMAO....

I have a 2001 Regal GS (Supercharged, and sister to the GTP, just more of a sleeper, and very cushy, it's a Buick) I pay under $300 a month. even at 4 years, I couldn't justify paying almost $700 per month for a car, that'll be worthless in a few years.

Mind you I'm a car guy myself, and I'm dying to buy a new goat, but I'm taking the long route of going for 6yrs, it lowers the payment quite a bit.

Mind if I ask what everyone is paying a month for their car, and insurance?

currently I'm paying $365 per month for both car, and insurance. But obviously for an older car, that cannot be compared to what you guys are paying on. I'm just curious

·
Registered
56 Posts
SJAndrew said:
If history is any guide, the 06's will not arrive until December/January (not August).

The only thing I have to add to this is, in 05 there was quite a change, enough to make people want the car that much more then the 04's. I'm also assuming the 05's didn't hit the lots unitl late was because they were building up the hype, and offering more chances to buy an 04 for even cheaper.

My theory is, because there won't be much of a change for the 06 models, I'm sure they'll be here in Sep/Oct.

but it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clevite 77 said:
4/4.75% @ $30K is about $687 per month

3/0% $30K is over $800 per month.

You guys have a LOT more money to throw away than I do, holy smokes it's just a car LMAO....

I have a 2001 Regal GS (Supercharged, and sister to the GTP, just more of a sleeper, and very cushy, it's a Buick) I pay under $300 a month. even at 4 years, I couldn't justify paying almost $700 per month for a car, that'll be worthless in a few years.

Mind you I'm a car guy myself, and I'm dying to buy a new goat, but I'm taking the long route of going for 6yrs, it lowers the payment quite a bit.

Mind if I ask what everyone is paying a month for their car, and insurance?

currently I'm paying $365 per month for both car, and insurance. But obviously for an older car, that cannot be compared to what you guys are paying on. I'm just curious
You're assuming I put nothing down and don't have GM card points.

I plan to finance only about $23k. And, the the term is a little up in the air right now. Right now, the rates I'm being quoted are the same 36/48/60 months.

My insurance (30 years old, clean driving record, single, homeowner, Denver) is paid every 6 months. The cost for comprehensive is $850/6 months for the 1998 GTP and 2005 GTO together.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clevite 77 said:
The only thing I have to add to this is, in 05 there was quite a change, enough to make people want the car that much more then the 04's. I'm also assuming the 05's didn't hit the lots unitl late was because they were building up the hype, and offering more chances to buy an 04 for even cheaper.

My theory is, because there won't be much of a change for the 06 models, I'm sure they'll be here in Sep/Oct.

but it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.
I always thought the delay for the GTOs is because they're being shipped from Australia and have to go through customs. The 2004 GTOs were available (at least ine Denver) several months after the domestically built 2004 remiander of Pontiac's line.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
The production schedule is different in Oz. They change models at a different time than we do, at least this is an explanation I was given for the 05' being so late. That plus 2 months shipping. Last of the 05's will arrive at dealers in late July or early August.
A friend that went to order an 06' (he works at a GM plant), was told he couldn't order an 06' until November. He wants an 06' because he has heard that will be the last year for the GTO.
I have heard rumors that there will be a limited production GTO Judge with the LS7. Has anyone else heard that? I heard late 06' with 1000 cars only, kinda like the GNX of the Buick GN fame.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's the deal I got (2005 Quicksilver/Black leather M6):

$30,293 price (through a fleet dealer)

minus $2,517 GM card points (for whatever reason, they're giving me the whole amount and not the $1000 I anticipated - I asked over and over and $2,517 is the number - they ran my card and it's on the paperwork - maybe it's a fleet thing)

net price: $27,776.00

Rate: 4.75% up to 60 months (I will probably use 48 month financing)

I may have been able to haggle for something better, but I think the deal I'm getting is pretty good. The place I use is like the antithesis of a dealership. I called them and asked for the price. 10 minutes later, they faxed me the info.

I sat in it today just to make sure (again) that my big ass would fit in it okay. They had the car topped off with gas and detailed. I'm driving it home tomorrow :cool

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
SJAndrew said:
Here's the deal I got (2005 Quicksilver/Black leather M6):

$30,293 price (through a fleet dealer)

minus $2,517 GM card points (for whatever reason, they're giving me the whole amount and not the $1000 I anticipated - I asked over and over and $2,517 is the number - they ran my card and it's on the paperwork - maybe it's a fleet thing)

net price: $27,776.00

Rate: 4.75% up to 60 months (I will probably use 48 month financing)

I may have been able to haggle for something better, but I think the deal I'm getting is pretty good. The place I use is like the antithesis of a dealership. I called them and asked for the price. 10 minutes later, they faxed me the info.

I sat in it today just to make sure (again) that my big ass would fit in it okay. They had the car topped off with gas and detailed. I'm driving it home tomorrow :cool
:party: CONGRATS!!! And double that on a good deal!! :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.