Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into trading in my 04 for a 05 or 06 if I can swing the right deal. I hear a lot of talk about x number of dollars over dealer invoice. I was wondering what kind of deal could be had with the Red Tag discounts going on and end of the year dealership incentives if I bought before the new year. :confused Also, if it matters, I live in the Dallas Ft. Worth area.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I been looking seen them for about 31k

·
Registered
249 Posts
All they got is Red ones here, I want one in Black or Grey, gonna get screwed or have to search alot

·
Registered
148 Posts
I paid $29600 mine and a friend paid $29100 his, both cars are '05 M6 and were purchased a couple months ago. Now that the '06s are out ,there may be more incentives coming, but you should be able to at least get a deal at 29k or lower. Go to pontiac.com and do a search, you can search cities in Texas and surely find a black GTO there are still lots of '05s around. cheers

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here is a black on black M6 in Silsbee, Tx.:cheers

2005 Gto Coupe
Engine: ENGINE,6.0L V8 SFI

Transmission: TRANSMISSION, MAN 6 SPD

Exterior: Phantom Black Metallic

Interior: Trim Combination Leather

VIN#: 6G2VX12U75L395170
MORRIS MOORE CHEVROLET-BUICK-GMC-PONTIAC-OLDSMOBILE

1275 HWY 96 S

SILSBEE, TX 77656-6405

(409) 385-5221

GM Certified Internet Manager:
John Lambert

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here is a Red on Red, the appearance package is available from gmpartsdirect.com pre-painted red for half the price of what it will cost from the dealer, good luck finding the right car, you should be able to get it for 29k or maybe less.:cheers

2005 Gto Coupe
Engine: ENGINE,6.0L V8 SFI

Transmission: TRANSMISSION, MAN 6 SPD

Exterior: Torrid Red

Interior: Redhot,combination Trim Leather

VIN#: 6G2VX12U45L443238
GAY PONTIAC BUICK GMC, INC.

3033 GULF FREEWAY

DICKINSON, TX 77539-3230

(281) 337-2521

GM Certified Internet Manager:
Diana Orendorff
MSRP
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE*:$32,295.00
TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED MANUAL
$695.00
18" ALUMINUM WHEELS
$495.00
TOTAL OPTIONS:$1,190.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS:$33,485.00
DESTINATION CHARGE:$700.00
Total vehicle Prices*:$34,185.00
Get Red Tag Price Now CITY MPG

HIGHWAY MPG

·
Registered
154 Posts
With red tag pricing and a $2k rebate, 2005's are going for at least $4k under sticker.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Toro Toro said:
I'm looking into trading in my 04 for a 05 or 06 if I can swing the right deal. I hear a lot of talk about x number of dollars over dealer invoice. I was wondering what kind of deal could be had with the Red Tag discounts going on and end of the year dealership incentives if I bought before the new year. :confused Also, if it matters, I live in the Dallas Ft. Worth area.
You must consider two things.

1. The red tag will make it pretty easy for you to get a good selling price. But make sure you are not hit with any addendums or ghey dealer fees.
2. Make sure they give you good #'s on your trade. Remember they had 8k rebates on them for a while, so they always take the lowest selling # and then work in mileage and age.

If you find a dealership that does both then you've got a car deal.

BTW~ Red tag is about $200 under invoice, then with the $2000 rebate you are well under invoice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dealernut said:
BTW~ Red tag is about $200 under invoice, then with the $2000 rebate you are well under invoice.
Are you sure that $2k is in addition to the red tag pricing? I emailed pontiac about that and they said the red tag price includes all available rebates. But then edmunds shows a $2k rebate on 05s and nothing on 06s, though I suppose they could just be missing data on the new model year.

-bl

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
bhl said:
Are you sure that $2k is in addition to the red tag pricing? I emailed pontiac about that and they said the red tag price includes all available rebates. But then edmunds shows a $2k rebate on 05s and nothing on 06s, though I suppose they could just be missing data on the new model year.

-bl
Red tag pricing puts the car at roughly 32k. On 05's you have the 2k rebate and the 06 you only have the red tag.

Sorry if that was confusing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dealernut said:
Red tag pricing puts the car at roughly 32k. On 05's you have the 2k rebate and the 06 you only have the red tag.
So on a car with a msrp of $34.1k and a red tag of $30.2k, add in the $2k rebate and we're at $28.2k. So even at $28.2k the dealer is still making his $1k in holdback from GM (3% of msrp). Is that correct?

-bl

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
bhl said:
So on a car with a msrp of $34.1k and a red tag of $30.2k, add in the $2k rebate and we're at $28.2k. So even at $28.2k the dealer is still making his $1k in holdback from GM (3% of msrp). Is that correct?

-bl
Its not a fixed holdback anymore. About 10 years ago it used to just be a flat percentage. Now its based on the car. On a GTO its 1.9%

·
Registered
4 Posts
dealernut said:
Its not a fixed holdback anymore. About 10 years ago it used to just be a flat percentage. Now its based on the car. On a GTO its 1.9%
Ah, that's good to know. Do the rest of those numbers look right? Assuming my local dealership and I can come to an agreement on the price I may have an 05 in the next day or so.

And incidentally, thanks! It's nice having an insider resource who clearly doesn't fit the industry stereotype.

-bl

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought a used '04 M6 in Oct. and have had too many problems to list with it. The dealer agreed to trade back and give me what I paid for it towards a new 05 or 06 model. After running over some numbers, I don't know if it's the best deal or not but the dealer showed me an invoice on an '05 M6 with a MSRP of 33,690 less the Red Tag Deal for a total of 31,653. There is an additional 2K rebate avalible or your choice of 4.9 financing. The dealer would not even talk about going below invoice. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Paid 28K even for mine in October '05. Anything over that right now is too much unless they have the SAP pkg on it too. Keep in mind an A4 is more than a M6 and the A4 has a 1300 gas guzzler tax fixed to it also. ( Mine is an A4)
Have you considered looking into your State's Lemon Law? Maybe worth a look see.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, thought about it. But it's a real pain to deal with. The problems havent been isolated to one thing. It seems to be all over. Since Nov. it's been in the shop for a new rearend after a axle came loose and beat the hell out of the cars under carrage. Now it's in again for electrical issues. Last count is that I've had the car for 81 days of which 39 days its been in the shop and it left me stranded 5 diffrent times.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.