Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to the forum and I don't have a GTO but I am in the market for one. I'm looking for an 05 Silver for around 20,000 dollars but anyways right now I have a 06 pontiac G6 and I'm goin to either sell it or trade it in for a GTO. I'm just power hungry I guess plus its what I wanted in the first place. The G6 is just the GTO's little brother haha :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Hey I'm new to the forum and I don't have a GTO but I am in the market for one. I'm looking for an 05 Silver for around 20,000 dollars but anyways right now I have a 06 pontiac G6 and I'm goin to either sell it or trade it in for a GTO. I'm just power hungry I guess plus its what I wanted in the first place. The G6 is just the GTO's little brother haha :lol:

Welcome aboard......

An 05' for about 20K? You are looking down the road a few years before you find one for that unless someone is willing to give you one hell of a deal.......

Good Luck in your search.

IMO...... Ponitac made a mistake in eliminating the Grand-Am and replacing it with the G-6. I just do not see the attraction.... At least the Grand-Am's were sporty looking... the G6 is rather bland.

The G-5... is nothing more than a Cobolt.... I call it a Pontiac Cobolt. Same car but with the Pontiac overtones.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You must be mistaken because I’ve seen 4 around 20,000 just not my color... I have a dealer that is looking for me and he has seen plenty go through for around 20 grand
IMO your nuts for thinking a Grand am is sportier than a G6 you obviously can't say from experience just seeing a picture doesn't give it justice. Sorry for being defensive and no offence but I hate it when people try to talk about them and they hardly know anything about the car and I never said anything about the G5 its just for fuel economy haha

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am afraid that you must be mistaken. I watch the GTO prices more than anybody, and the absolute lowest I have ever seen an 05 is $22,900. I think that the average is about $25,000-$26,000 right now. You can just now easily find an 04 for $20,000, and even they range from about $19,000 to ~$22,000. Let me know where I can buy an 05 for $20,000, and I'll buy one :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You watch them more than anybody huh? and I suppose you get to see the ones that come out of the GM factory sales and ones that get traded into to dealerships too? your Lowest is 22,900 weird

this link is to a guy that was asking 21,000 for his
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95693

look on auto trader they go
and there is one on cars.com for 20,900
there are 4 on auto trader that are under 20,000 so i'll let you have your pick first big guy

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
You must be mistaken because I’ve seen 4 around 20,000 just not my color... I have a dealer that is looking for me and he has seen plenty go through for around 20 grand
IMO your nuts for thinking a Grand am is sportier than a G6 you obviously can't say from experience just seeing a picture doesn't give it justice. Sorry for being defensive and no offence but I hate it when people try to talk about them and they hardly know anything about the car and I never said anything about the G5 its just for fuel economy haha

First off I am not gonna get in a pissin contest with you... I couldn't care any less about your "IMO." I said I have not seen any 05 GTO's for 20K...except ones that have been wrecked, or with water damage. You find one for 20K you may want to do a thorough investigation on it... If you find one in excellent condition you ought to jump on it. I have seen 04's NOT 05's at 20K. I too look at the resale value on them. If you are as astute as you think you are on the price of these, you'd better get yourself one.

I am not nuts just because my taste is different than yours. The G6 body style is bland compared to the body styles of the Grand-Am's. Geesh all ya have to do is look at it. I know all about the G6's, that's why I don't have one.:rolleyes: You don't have to take it as an insult that I don't care for the G6. It's a girl's car anyway.

And as far as the G5, I was just throwing that out there because Chevy is selling a ton of Cobolts, and GM marketing the G5 with a Pontiac badge will increase overall sales on that line. HAHAHAHA:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You really ought to lose the chip on your shoulder, it isn't warranted here.

All you're gonna do is piss people off here.... You're off to a good start.

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was just in a pissy mood because you tried to act like a hott shot :rofl: I don't give a .... about your "IMO" either then :shutme your the one that had to run in on your high horse and say you didn't like the car I mean sure you have a GTO but that doesn't mean you have to shoot out the little guys and you know all about G6's...:lol:
No I was looking at 2005's at autotrader its just they probably had some bad problems okay so then you would agree that 23 or 24 is a closer price to what you can expect an 05 with a lot of miles on it to be?

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I'd say if you found one in that price range you'd be getting a good deal.

I am the last guy on here to be on a high horse. And as far as shooting anyone down you are way off base. All I was pointing out was at the price you say you can find the GTO's at, it will take a few years or there may be something wrong with it and to beware.

The last thing you want is to spend that kind of money thinking you are getting a good deal only to find you got a problem. BEWARE of GM buy backs too.

And as far as a G-6, I was pointing out that in my opinion they shouldn't have discontinued a successful line to add this one. I think they could have added the G6 to the line-up. Comparatively speaking as far as looks I think the Grand-Am GT's are sportier looking. That's just my opinion. There are more options to chose from with the G-6.

The Monte Carlos were discontinued and replaced with the Lumina. When GM found that didn't go over too well, the Monte's came back. Not that the G-6 is an ugly car, I am not saying that, just comparing looks that's all. They are selling rather well. And to capitalize on the sales of the G6 GM is adding the G-5 which is Pontiac's version of the Cobolt, which is another good seller for GM.

You won't go wrong trading the G-6 for a GTO, keep in mind however the cheaper the GTO you find is, the less in trade you will get. I wouldn't give the G-6 away.

Good luck :cheers

·
Registered
456 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
I was just in a pissy mood because you tried to act like a hott shot :rofl: I don't give a .... about your "IMO" either then :shutme your the one that had to run in on your high horse and say you didn't like the car I mean sure you have a GTO but that doesn't mean you have to shoot out the little guys and you know all about G6's...:lol:
No I was looking at 2005's at autotrader its just they probably had some bad problems okay so then you would agree that 23 or 24 is a closer price to what you can expect an 05 with a lot of miles on it to be?

Yo Silver, We (I) hope you get a goat at your price or any price for that matter. And when you do, you'll get a big fat "WELCOME TO THE CLUB" from everyone here. But until then...

Can't we all just get along? :party:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mustang owner Pffft part of the reason I'm gettin a GTO is to shut up all the Pony boys on the block haha :cheers by the way judge its all good now i'm thinkin something just set me on edge before but its all good now...:eek:

:party:

By the way are you talking about a G6 coup or a sedan because you have to be carful they are 2 different cars and if you have time you should look into the G6 GXP coup (concept) and see if you like it... it is a cool little car and robo282 you were probably looking at a hard top convertable they start at 28,000...a GTP coup fully loaded is only 27,000 and I thought an 06 GTO goes for 33,000 or is that what you ment?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
look on auto trader they go
and there is one on cars.com for 20,900
there are 4 on auto trader that are under 20,000 so i'll let you have your pick first big guy
Hmmm...well, the one for $16,900 is wrecked, the one for $18,000 is actually a grand prix listed as a GTO, the one for $21,900 has no pictures and a stock 2004 photo and the one for $22,250 has almost 30k miles. And $22,490 is hardly $20,000 and it's only $410 less than I told you the lowest price was going to be. How about you tell me which one you want. I already have a GOAT, you take your pick big guy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.