Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, not up for watching the ice buffalo's (figure skaters) ruining a perfectly good hockey rink with their toepicks so i'm killing some time.

I know you all have a name for your car so lets hear them and why?

Mine started out as Tempestein, mainly because of the budget i had set and the need to be creative and frugal in trying to keep near that budget (HAHA!!!). Aside from learning to do everything myself to save on labor, i cross referenced part numbers to find lets call them GTO substitutes. Did you know that 65' corvair bucket seats have the same frame as the GTO and they are 400 dollars cheaper because they dont have the GTO name attached. only difference is less bolstering in the pad and the inner trim on both seats is black not the GTO chrome...and so what if they are in a 66'...lol. 65 GTO's had by far the best seat patterns of any muscle car.

After getting a few seasons of seat time in the Tempest it has simply become known around the house as "The Hotrod". Even the wife said the other day she could not wait for spring to get the hotrod back out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 5 year old daughter named her "Iron Man" and it stuck. "Daddy can we take Iron Man out today?" Wife too. It's named for good.

-Norm

·
Registered
8 Posts
We Just called it " PonPOn"..... And in the first Quarter Mile we where Chearing " Allez Ponpon ", Go PonPon in French.....

Its a stock 1965 Gto with a 400 CI from a 67 Gto .....

Saludos

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
My old '66 GTO was called "The Bomb" because it was extremely fast for what it was....much faster than it should have been by all accounts. That engine is now in my '65, which is nowhere near as fast. The car was possessed. My current '65, which I've had for 32 years now, has always been called "Old Mold", because when I got it, it had a moldy carpet from water leaks at the windshield. My '67, which I've had since 1983, is simply called "The Convertible".

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
I don't have a name for the 68 GTO or the 67 Lemans. A couple years back my wife started calling the 68 Lisa - inferring I was having an affair with the car. I must have been spending too much time and money on it and not enough with her. Both are still around as my wife has come to grips with it. Matt

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Vanna is what I call my 64 post coupe. Many moons ago some crazy friends shared a farmhouse & among other things the guys had a resident goat often hanging out in the house. Yep her name was Vanna my Goats namesake. Vicky (for her complexion Victory Red) is my 05 Corvette Vanna's garage mate. Then theres my pickup Bob, Gladys my tractor, etc etc.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
great song Pat, thats what i hit on the playlist for the Loudest stereo contests at the local show, cannot help but put the hammer down when that songs on, and Radar Love too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Her Name

:cool I call my 1970 GTO "The Goat" ... so far. I know: not too creative, but it takes time for a name to attach to a car.

My 1969 Chevelle Malibu COPO Clone is named "CQQL". We bought her in Tennessee and drove her home to Minnesota. En route so many people yelled out "Cool car," or "She's cool." that "Cool" was a no brainer. When I went to get the personalized license plates "COOL" was taken, thus she became "CQQL."

·
Registered
125 Posts
Everybody calls my '67 "The Goat". That's probably the common name for any GTO, but there isn't another early GTO in town that I know of, so mine definitely stand out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts