Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks-
I'm looking at a 1967 GTO and wanted to see if I could get some information as to how much it might be worth. The car is rust free, 75k original miles, 1 owner, 400 w/3 2 barrels, auto trans, posi rear, buckets, no vinyl, 10-footer original paint, rallys. The car is numbers matching and has some documentation (build sheet).

I am considering making an offer on this car since it is local and fits the bill for what I'm looking for. I know the turbo Buick market cold, but would like some help from the GTO experts!

Thanks,

MD

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
The 3-2 intake set up is wrong for a '67 GTO. There never was a factory tri-power 400 Pontiac. Find out where the original intake and Quadrajet are if you can. Also, verify thru PHS the options on the car and the authenticity of it. Sounds like a good find, though. Go to Manheim Gold and check the values out. It sounds like about a number 3 condition car, and very interesting. Keep us posted!
Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good info, Thanks! I'm just going on word of mouth at this point, so we'll see what happens! How reliable is the gold book for pricing? Do they use current sales?

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
It seems pretty accurate. Hemmings Motor news is a good source for real world prices, also. Barrett Jackson, etc. is waaay off base for values. See what comparable vehicles are selling for and go from there. From your description, it's probably a 10 to 15k car as it sits.
Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts