Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light turns green. How do you blast off for the fastest 0-60?
Do you just step on it in one gradual motion down?.......Or do you step on it to burst then let loose and step on it again and repeat.....?

Simply put, I am you're brothers cousins uncles former roommate who doesnt know how to go fast, so teach me how to go fast.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've been researchin g this as well, and gotten some good info from some guys on here. But my research has been for launching at the track. First as long as its stock I've found it best to launch between 1600-1800rpms. This stops it from spining as much and keeps it from bogging down.(As long as you turn traction control off). Theres a button in the middle for traction control, it has to be off or you'llhave inconsistent launches.(and some will be slower than a mustang...WINK!) Start in 1st gear and watch your rpms so as not to redline, then 2nd, 3rd. Now thats for a 1/4 mile. Just to 60mph ..you will hit that right after you shift to second. It all takes practice. You get better the more you try. Goodluck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
1: do NOT shift yourself, computer is WAY faster
2:if your takling about at the track ( light turns green ) you already lost, leave when you see the last yellow, if your on a sportsman tree, totally different if on a .400 or .500 Pro-tree

·
Registered
78 Posts
You ever tried launching from "drive"? Mine bogs down, and then you have to pedal it. Lose quite a bit of time. Now I've heard the auto shifts fater, but how do you get past the bogging down? Except for a Tune. And no the traction Control button is not on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thats why you should read the whole post! My pedaling is brake and gas not gas and clutch. Its an alternate when braking traction to regain control.
Obviously if you would read the post you would know that I have been rearching launching the A4. Just read from the top.......and maybe next time before you decide to be one of the wise a$$es on here, you won't end up just looking like one!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry to confuse you! And thanks for the new names. But it still doesn't explain your ignorance. This post was dormant for almost a week before you replied. And then you don't help the guy, you try to attack another member. Shows what kind of people can ruin a forum. Its better to fix a problem than to sit back and talk about what caused it. Take some tips from the guys who help out like, Radio, Smitty, EEZ Goat, 6QTs11OZ, and raven1104 ( or something)...these guys take the time to help opposed to bashing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.