Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
there is a poll thread in the general forum which will tell you where everyone stands here....i believe the 67' and 69' were tops. I always leaned towards the 66-67 styling but there's not a single year i would not own.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a poll thread in the general forum which will tell you where everyone stands here....i believe the 67' and 69' were tops. I always leaned towards the 66-67 styling but there's not a single year i would not own.
I guess I should have looked 1st.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I voted on the last one and will vote here for the '67 cuz I have one, but am working on getting a daily driver '64. I have turned into a "car stalker".

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I like em all! I'd even rock a 74. Of course it would have to be powered by a round port 400 or 455 and a stick.....74 is the only hatchback GTO ever made too! Anyone on here own one?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Put me down for a 65, as I own one. It used to be a 67, which was my introduction into the GTO world, but I've "converted". I, like Bear, wouldn't kick any of them out of my garage..love 'em all!!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Another vote for 69 here, as my personal favorite. That being said, like others I like them all. I don't think GM ever built a bad one through the early era!

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
When you put a Pontiac A body next to any other GM A body of the same year the Pontiac is always the best looking, hands down.

In my previous post I mentioned the 74 GTO. It's actually my least favorite of all the years, but I still like em. Favorites would have to be 68-69 and the 65. I just love the sharp lines of a 65 and it seems like you hardly ever see them.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Like many of you, I like most years, but...

Put me down for the '67. Am I biased? Yeah, but I liked them best before I got mine and that's why I bought the one I did. Since I bought it, the guy I bought it from has tried to convince me that I "need" a '69 and that I would be "stepping up". I've tried to politely tell him that I've had plenty of experience with '69s from back in the day, but he insists I need to "upgrade". To tell the truth it's a little annoying. I have the GTO I want.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts