Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the stock tires for the 2005 GTO I never had a wheel hop. Spun like hell then took off. When I purchsed the Nitto Drag radials 275 40 17 for the back I get it quite a bit. I have a hell of a lot better traction with the new tires but it seems to go from a little spin right to grip and wheel hop. Maybe I just need to adjust my driving habits with the new tires. Maybe these tires were meant to be really heated up before jumping on them.
From I understand the hopping is really bad for the back end. If I can't get rid of the wheel hopping should I look to reinforce the backend? If so what are my options.

Thx

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Just take some time to learn where the traction point is on the throttle. It can be very difficult with our boys. But it can be done.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Changing out your rear end Diff Cover for the Harrop Diff Cover will make a big difference. You will be eliminating almost all the Differential torque under acceleration and cornering allowing less rear wheel travel.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
Changing out your rear end Diff Cover for the Harrop Diff Cover will make a big difference. You will be eliminating almost all the Differential torque under acceleration and cornering allowing less rear wheel travel.
How does this effect the wheel travel if it's a diff cover? Do you have a site or a pic? I would like to elemitate the wheel hop issues as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
A lot have found decent success with Koni adjustables. A lot easier of an install.
Im going the cheap easy way first.........Konis and air bags.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts