Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Contact the seller, it does say that the car was purchased soley for testing the wheels. Just a suggestion for a starting point.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try your local Discount Tire Store (if you have one?). I have purchased numerous "factory chromed" wheels through them. They have a source that does an exchange on a lot of factory wheels, usually reasonable priced. I got a set for my Z06 last year for about $600.00 exchange price? (I have not tried for the Goat, as the dealer already had Helo's on when I purchased it.) :cheers

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
SHARPETX said:
Try your local Discount Tire Store (if you have one?). I have purchased numerous "factory chromed" wheels through them. They have a source that does an exchange on a lot of factory wheels, usually reasonable priced. I got a set for my Z06 last year for about $600.00 exchange price? (I have not tried for the Goat, as the dealer already had Helo's on when I purchased it.) :cheers

Hey Sharpe- nice Goat!!! :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What i neglected to read in the ebay add, is that they are prototype rims and the purpose of that car was to test the rims out. Now that car is for sale. My only concearn is that what if one is to buy the car or just the rims and the rims never come out. Then you can never get replacements if needed. I think I am going to just get a pic of them rims and take it to the guy i deal with to see if there is any aftermarket rims like them.

·
Registered
386 Posts
BLACKTHUNDERGTO said:
What i neglected to read in the ebay add, is that they are prototype rims and the purpose of that car was to test the rims out. Now that car is for sale. My only concearn is that what if one is to buy the car or just the rims and the rims never come out. Then you can never get replacements if needed. I think I am going to just get a pic of them rims and take it to the guy i deal with to see if there is any aftermarket rims like them.
If you read the listing carefully, it never says the goat comes w/ the prototype wheels, it says something about stock 17's though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
djdub said:
If you read the listing carefully, it never says the goat comes w/ the prototype wheels, it says something about stock 17's though.
True so maybe they wont sell the rims until its confirmed that they are making more my guess is that they cant warrenty something that is not made yet!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.