Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through the summer when we were dealing with heat and struggling to get below 13.5 from stock 05 GTO's, there was all kinds of people going look how slow those GTO's are. Well now that it's cool and heat soak isn't an issue, we are all getting low 13's real easy and some are getting high 12's. So that leaves me wondering Where Are They???????? I guess you can't call a 12 second GTO slow when your driving your high 13 low 14 second car.

B

·
0 Posts
cooler air will ALWAYS = a faster car. Try running your car in 40-50 temps and see what happens! WITH traction, of course.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Screw racing in 40 degree weather, you get no traction, can't lay on mine until 3rd when it's like that. I'm still in high 13's. I need a shifter and DR's bad.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
i modded my air box right when it started to get cooler. i'm curious what it will be like next summer at the track. i've been pulling 13.3-13.5 with my pretty much stock '04 now

·
Registered
143 Posts
I went on an early morning biscuit run a few days ago and the temp was in the high 40's. I had so much fun driving that I skipped the biscuits and just drove for 2 hours. It's a completely different car in cooler weather, far more so than anything else I've owned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts