Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this plug hanging from the passenger side of my front bumper the other day and thought it was just the fog light plug in...wrong. The fog light still works and there is nothing that is seemingly wrong with the car.

I'm sure you guys know where this is supposed to plug into so I figured I wold ask. After a quick look I could not see where it is supposed to go.

And yes I scratched the he** out of my bumper putting it up on the ramps....just wish I would have gotten lower profile ramps BEFORE that happened.

Any info can be helpful...Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Looks like the plug is part of the original wiring harness. Have you checked to see if it is powered with just the ignition on, then test with just the parking lights on and then with the front lights. Note when the plug is powered and this will limit what this plug goes to. The only things I am aware of near that location that would need power would be the side light, front light cluster, fog light, and possibly windshield washer pump.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the plug is part of the original wiring harness. Have you checked to see if it is powered with just the ignition on, then test with just the parking lights on and then with the front lights. Note when the plug is powered and this will limit what this plug goes to. The only things I am aware of near that location that would need power would be the side light, front light cluster, fog light, and possibly windshield washer pump.
If it is part of the original harness then it would need a place to go right? I will have to check when it does have power but I know that the side light, fog light, and front light cluster all have their plugs in tact and working.

There is also a limited range that it can travel so it would have to be relatively close.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Does the windshield washer work? Its on that side too. Also what is on that side is the resistor for the DRL's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the windshield washer work? Its on that side too. Also what is on that side is the resistor for the DRL's.
Yes the windshield washer pump does work.

Could you explain to me what the DRL's are and where the resistors are located?

Sorry for all of the questions but I am a noob to my GTO. Only had it since january.

But thanks for all of the info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts