Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good source for interior parts. I need a headliner, carpet, door panels, and much more?? Looking like I will have the car back from paint next week and will start on the interior asap. :surprise:

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Does anyone know of a good source for interior parts. I need a headliner, carpet, door panels, and much more?? Looking like I will have the car back from paint next week and will start on the interior asap. :surprise:
Just depends on what quality you want to go with. Legendary interiors have been recommended here as being the best.

Most Pontiac parts catalogs off interiors, OPGI, Ames, etc..

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I bought Legendary from Ames and was pleased with the quality.

Reactions: 1968gto421

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ames just answered my question. 65 is a split year and could be both. I have the body man looking at the headliner to see what is in there and it is so old it must be original

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Ames is the place, Legendary is the brand. And be sure to have the seat covers installed in the right direction, with the diagonals pointing inward to the center of the car like the bow of a boat. I'd say 50% of the restored '65's I see have the seat upholstery installed backwards. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The GTO is back from the paint shop and now things will get going fast. My first headliner and I am very happy with the results!. Going to put in new repo Rally Gages. Anyone have experience with these from Ames? They are saying the tach will only work with HEI and I have a MSD???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
My understanding is digital signal vs analog and there is a converter box you can buy if you have digital....

I believe you will need this https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8920 , but call AMES first and confirm.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
That helps a ton. Is there anything wrong with the Ames Repo Rally Gages??
I just posted on another thread. In my humble opinion, they are JUST a distributor and have provided me poor customer service.

Find the manufacturer and buy direct IMHO....The Parts Place https://www.thepartsplaceinc.com is an option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts