Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I know this is my first post in a while so it feels REALLY good to be doing this!

I had to take a business trip down to Deerfield Beach Florida this past week and I didn't see ONE GTO all the way down and all the way back! That trip was over 350 miles one way! When I got there, I didn't see a single goat all week! Heck, I had guys BEGGING to drive my car just to see what it's like!

I was just totally amazed at the fact that for 700 miles, there wasn't another car like mine....

I kind of like it like that!!!!:D Does anyone else feel that way?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I know its crazy. I drove 310 miles one way to the corvetteforum cruise in, and I didn't see one GTO all weekend. I see maybe one GTO a month. I saw a silver one at the movie theater today. Then I drove 450 miles round trip to Illinois the next weekend, and again didn't see a GTO in site.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Despite everyone telling me that the GTO was basically a Grand Am with a bigger engine, I love the looks. Its unassuming and stealthy AND there arent many on the road. I think I have seen 4 in total....EVER that werent in a dealers lot.

I dont see them on the road. When I do its like spotting a UFO....you know you saw it but it was still kinda hard to believe.

I love the fact that these cars are a rare breed on the roads. It seems like there are a million vettes and Stangs (even just from 04-06) and having a GTO makes one feel like they have joined a very exclusive club and I for one am proud to be a part of it :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love it!!

I love it like that. i feel the same way. not like mustangs when u go 10 miles and see 20! so yeah i love it cause then u feel like u have something noone else has.:cheers

·
Registered
455 Posts
The other day, I saw a GTO caravan. The first was driven by Elvis, the second by Jimmy Hoffa, and I think the last had Dick Clark. :eek:

Seriously though, I do enjoy the GTO being an uncommon car. It does feel like you are part of a "club" if you do see another one though. Especially if they honk, wave, or rev at you! Since buying mine, I've only seen 3 outside of dealer's lots.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just did 4 day vacation 1600 mi.FL to NC and back. Didn’t see another Goat until I was coming into Tampa on the way home Memorial Day. Yellow Jacket was headed north about 6pm, on 75. Had a lot of fun on mountain roads, took videos but didn’t come out very well. Gna work on that next time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One of the main reasons I bought my goat was the fact that I don't see myself coming and going. I initially wanted to buy a Mustang GT 500 until I saw how much the msrp was plus the 10k+ mark-up the dealers wanted. I considered the standard Mustang GT, but they are everywhere. I see a Mustang everytime I go out. There are 4 other GTO's that I know of where I live(small town), but I don't see them very often. I haven't taken any long trips yet, but I plan to next month. I'm curious how many I'll see on my way to San Diego and back.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Drove to central Penn from Virginia and back last week on business: No GTO's

Drove to northern New Jersey from Virginia and back on business two weeks ago: No GTO's, but met with a co-worker and good buddy who owns a Caddy CTS-V (LS-1), and gave serious comps on the car.:cool

I love not seeing myself coming and going! The few times I do see another GTO on the road gets a wave!

Jim Miller

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am here in Miami, Fl. I know there are some around but I just never see them. The first three months I had the car (when I was REALLY looking) I didn't see one and I drive about 500-600 miles a week (not always in the Goat though). About two weeks ago I seen two in like ten minutes. One at 9000 block of sw 88 st blue 05 w/ a female driving and one at the shorty's on 90 st and s. dixie hwy black 06 parked. If you guys are on here let me know.

·
Registered
456 Posts
:agree :agree :agree :agree :agree

This guy yesterday, he was about 55, I was getting gas and walks over and tells me hadn't seen a new GTO in 40 years! He asked me "It's got a V8 right?" I said "ya, a 6Liter V8" he couldn't believe it. He even asked if he could touch it (I **** you not), I said sure :D He kept going on and on about how the lines of the car are perfect, he loved the color. I popped the hood for him and he said "wooooooow!", I told him not to test drive it, unless he was prepared to buy it cus THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO ME :rolleyes:

And on Friday, I pulled my car in front of where I work, it was the end of the day and I walked into a co-workers office to shoot the sh1t with a couple people. My car is parked right outside the window. So my co-workers start ribbing me about my car (In a good way) when this guy (on que) was walking through the parking lot past the back of my car. His legs took him one way, but his eyes were glued to the Goat :lol: I said, "Take this guy here... Look, his head is going to pop off!" Both of my co-workers laughted and said "Ok, I see your point" :rofl:

I have NEVER regretted buying the GTO, Stuff like this happenes ALL the time :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
There are at least 4 in Brevard County I have run across 3 on KSC (Kennedy Space Center) alone. A red 04, black 05, grey 05 and my red 05. I'm sure theres more lurking around somewhere between Titusville and Palm Bay.;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hiya GoatGirl,

It's been awhile! Glad you're back, missed ya! I was gone for a bit before you left.

I have always preferred to drive distinctive cars, the rarer the better. I really cannot see myself parting with this car, ever! I like the fact that the closest GTO (new generation) is nearly 30 miles from me!

When they see my car they know I have arrived!:rofl:

And what an entrance the car makes, too! :cheers

:party:

Monica

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm In Ne Penna, Just Above Philly. I Have Had My 05 Red/red M6 For Exactly One Year As Of Yesterday. I May Have Seen 12 In The Year.

Half Of The Time I Spot Another One I Am In My 05 Gp Gxp (my Daily Ride).

I Would Look And Sound Like A Real Idiot If I Rolled My Window Down And Yelled "but I Have One In The Garage Too!!).

One Of The 12 I See Each Morning. Young Lady Working In The Mini Mart Where I Get My First Shot Of Caffiene Has An 04 Barbados Blue Goat. Very Unusual Color.

But, I Guess I Am Averaging One A Month Besides Hers.

I Agree With The Feeling I Would Rather Be Exclusive Than See Myself Coming And Going!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
GoatGirl, glad you're OK- - -I just remarked the other day some of the old standby's were gone; you, DealerNut, etc.

Anyhow, back to your thread, I finally am seeing another GOAT on a semi-regular basis. Bad news is, it just like mine! Black/Red/6M. That's a little disturbing- - but still I only see him about every 2 months or so.

·
Registered
455 Posts
noz34me said:
Anyhow, back to your thread, I finally am seeing another GOAT on a semi-regular basis. Bad news is, it just like mine! Black/Red/6M. That's a little disturbing- - but still I only see him about every 2 months or so.
LOL--kind of like showing up to a party/double date with the same clothes as someone else. :willy:

A month before mine, I saw another GTO that looked just like the one I wanted to buy. After I got mine, I've been afraid I would run into it :lol: Of course, if I had bought a Mustang instead, I wouldn't care. :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think of us as The 300 Spartans, and the Mustangs as the Persians. :eek:

We're way outnumbered but we can't be beaten...unless the other guy cheats, of course (finds that hidden *Goat trail*) :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts