Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
My 70 GTO is in need of major window adjustments and the replacement of some worn parts, especially the front ones. What, from your experience, is the best source of information to replace parts and then adjust the windows. The windows roll up back end low and there are parts banging around in there,
Thanks,
Marc:cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
I dont know if the 69 pontiac book is the same, but i found a website where you can download a pdf version of the repair manual. I am going to get it and post it here for people to also get. Might as well save some people coin, and it`s nice to have a search function

·
Registered
727 Posts
The Chassis Service Manual has all the information regarding powertrain, electrical and suspension systems, as well as brakes, fuel,.exhaust etc.
The Fisher Body Manual contains information for doors, windows, trim (exterior and interior ), seats and body electrical.
Those two books will cover any service or repair procedures you are ever likely to need.

Don't waste your money on Haynes or Motor repair manuals; they are too generic.

The GTO Restoration Guide by Zazarine and Roberts is also very useful.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Darth Menace,
Thanks and I'll watch for the site for the PDF file.

JMT455,
Thanks for the info too. I'll keep my eyes open for the books. I have seen some GTO restoration books on Amazon but did not pay attention to the author.
Thanks again,
Marc:cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts