Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am new to the forums i love gtos but i have a question

i want a fast gto that is also good looking for decent money because i dont have a lot of money,

i want a older gto but i dont know which one is the most reasonably priced any suggestions on which one to buy?

thanks

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
There's no set answer for your question, look at the various years, poke around on the forums, go to some car shows and then decide which year or years you are interested in.

Learn first...then buy.

Just my 2 cents.

Rick

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
New era (2004-2006) are quite different machines in appearance and performance. As koppster said, look around on the internet and at shows to see what you like.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
There's no set answer for your question, look at the various years, poke around on the forums, go to some car shows and then decide which year or years you are interested in.

Learn first...then buy.

Just my 2 cents.

Rick
1967 GTO....:party:
Good advice..........decide which year you are most attracted to and then concentrate on finding the best deal for your buck. Now is a very good time to find deals with more people needing to sell toys to eat. There are many nice drivers in the price range you posted.....:cheers

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have to give some representation to the 1968. I feel the love, I think you should too!

Good advice from the guys before me, spend some time deciding what you want, then buy. Or get a couple of lemans clones and you can have one of each style :D at your price point:cheers

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Purists like me prefer the old, 389 tri-power 4 speed cars. They're light, a little rough around the edges, and have brutal accelleration. The fact is, the later cars are better road cars, 'cuz they're newer and more advanced. The '67-up 400 engine has much better heads than the old 389, and the 455 is a torque monster that's hard to beat. I've always owned '65, '66, '67 GTO's....I've never had a newer one. I have driven '68-ups, though, when I was a mechanic for a large company. The '68-'72 GTO's are excellent road cars...tight, quiet, well constructed, and they have great brakes and road manners. They are an improvement over the earlier cars. They scream "SIXTIES PERFORMANCE!" I may get one someday.....But I still like the style of the '67-on- back ones.......

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I have to give some representation to the 1968. I feel the love, I think you should too!

Good advice from the guys before me, spend some time deciding what you want, then buy. Or get a couple of lemans clones and you can have one of each style :D at your price point:cheers
:agree

If you have $25k to play with, pick a year that floats your boat and buy it. For $25k you'll find a nice car no matter what the year........ Shopping for one is half the fun, enjoy the trip.....

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
funny question asking which car you should buy- kind of like asking which girl should i marry-as stated above buy what YOU like not what other people do-because everybody likes different things- Im in the same boat as geeteohguy I prefer the first generation Goats-with 65 being my favorite- and thats why I have that year- The hard squared off body lines make the car look bad-ass!!! But I am sure someone who owns a 69 or 70 would present a different point of view-
with a budget of 10-25K take your time and look at as many cars as you can- as stated above many people are now selling off toys to eat there are alot of deals out there-but dont jump into the first thing you test ride-look around till you find something you absolutely love THEN jump on it- good luck

·
Registered
405 Posts
id go with a 69 or 69, thares plenty of theme and normaly thares some pretty good looking 68's and 69's on ebay fo the cash you ae willing to spend, a 64-67 car tend to be higher

1 - 15 of 15 Posts