Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going back and forth between purchasing a cheaper '04 or more powerful '05. Im currently buying a new house so money is an issue.

My other option is to keep my legacy GT and mod it to perform like a GTO minus the sweet exhaust note.

Is there a difference in exhaust note between the 04 and 05/06 exhausts? I have driven both but not back to back so Im not sure.

·
Registered
439 Posts
neelnug said:
Im going back and forth between purchasing a cheaper '04 or more powerful '05. Im currently buying a new house so money is an issue.

My other option is to keep my legacy GT and mod it to perform like a GTO minus the sweet exhaust note.

Is there a difference in exhaust note between the 04 and 05/06 exhausts? I have driven both but not back to back so Im not sure.
Well that's hard to say on the sound, i'm a real fan of the LS1 sound, the LS2 is almost identical in firing order and construction, so i'd say they're probably pretty close. I'm sure you'd like either one you went with.

LS2's are nice, but there's no reason an LS1 can't become just as fast/faster. There are lots of 04 goats out there running low 13's and 12's. Any F-body guy will tell you how great the LS1 is.

If you don't plan on modding, an LS2 is great. Especially if all the 04's you're finding are out of warrenty already, or the payments aren't as easy to swallow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.