Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just thought Id start a little discussion here.
Which past years model of the GTO is your favorite?

Mine is a Black 1966, I just love the styling of it more than the others, the front grille looks more bad ass with the split rectangles, and it has a shorter look to it with the boxy back end, which to me screams muscle car.
Lol i was jus kinda bored and i thought id bring up the oportunity to discuss a few GTO things.
Have fun with it!
:party:
SasDawg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Personally, of the old ones, I like the '67 best. But that is likely because my first car was a '67 GTO. Both of the older GTOs that I've owned were '67s.

For '64-'66 the automatic available was a two-speed and just didn't let the engine get to the wheels. Your only real choice was the 4-speed manual. In '67 the 3-speed TH400 transmission with Hurst dual gate shifter was available so there was a reasonable alternative to the 4-speed manual. (Before I get beat up on auto vs. manual, one of my '67s was an auto and the other had 4-on-the-floor. I just think that a good automatic needs to be available.) From '68 on the body was more rounded and I don't like the rounded styles as well. I do like the '69 Judge though. The only GTO years that I hated and would never consider buying is '73 and '74.

·
Registered
194 Posts
1970 Liberty Blue Judge. :eek: IMO the best color I could put on a GTO. Could have ordered either a Ram Air IV or a 455 HO depending upon what a person would want.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I preferred the Firebird to the GTO. Smaller, lighter, and the same powertrain. Better looking too IMHO.

That is until they got all silly with the third and fourth gens. I bought my Z28 because I couldnt stand the thought of driving something with that boy racer nose, and all the unnecessary curves.

Thats why I prefer the look of the 04 front to the 04. let the kids and ricers have the styling gimmicks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine would be a 66 in any color but It would probably be a cursed car to me considering my dads was stolen from the hospital parking lot while I was being born :seeya:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.