Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I let my cousin drive my car this weekend and after awhile he decide's he wants to feel the power, so He takes off from a roll, he doesn't redline it but turns it about 5000 or alittle more, He shifts 1st thru 3rd fine (not abusing it just shifting) and then dumbass goes from 3rd back 2nd. And now from about 30 on there is a whine coming from rear end. What could retard have done? Am I doomed? 1000's in damage?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I heard the same symptoms from my 2001 Z28 A4. It happened during aggressive driving, and turned out to be a bad ring and pinion in the rear end.

It was covered by Warranty...As should yours be. :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
At high speeds I had a whining coming from front passenger area and found when I leave the wife at home the whining stops.

Sorry couldn't resist :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
westell said:
At high speeds I had a whining coming from front passenger area and found when I leave the wife at home the whining stops.

I found the same to be true with my GOAT :agree :D :D

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
westell said:

Wow.

And all this time I thought the whining was from Moustang Lemmings being left in my wake...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts