Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the remote mounted Whistler on their GTO? Or does anyne have any info about its performance? I heard it was great and I found a great price only 169 + s&h. I really like the Passport X50 but with the power cord needing to run to the center console it seems like a problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a passport 8500 x50 and it's worked great in the GTO. I have it mounted with the suction cups just to the left of the rear view mirror. I bought the standard hardwire for something like $10 and wired it into the plug for the cigarette lighter. Then I ran the wire behind the glove box, and tucked it into the pillar and head liner. It drops right next to the mirror and plugs in. So the whole thing is almost invisible and it turns on and off with the ignition.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I took the power from the cigarette lighter plug. It is hidden in the center console under the radio and climate controls. It is there even if you don't have the optional smoker package. Someone on this forum posted pictures early this year, you can try searching for them. If I remember right, one wire to the plug was hot all the time and another was hot with the ignition. There was also a bolt or screw very close to the plug for a chassis ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.