Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would certainly welcome the day fuel is back to $25/barrel, however, in the interim I'm not Holden my breath.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Wing_Nut said:
Do I get the toll franchise?
How about the bungee concession?
Do you take gold bullion?
Sure! :lol: It's funny, but the Golden Gate Bridge out here is a monopoly that charges people $5 to cross it -- but it's still losing money. Amazing. A monopoly that loses money. They want to raise the tolls (again) and have even considered charging people a couple of bucks to ride or walk their bikes across it.

By the way, did you know some guy in Detroit owns the Ambassador Bridge between Motown and Windsor, Ontario? Only privately held bridge in North America.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Sure! :lol: It's funny, but the Golden Gate Bridge out here is a monopoly that charges people $5 to cross it -- but it's still losing money. Amazing. A monopoly that loses money. They want to raise the tolls (again) and have even considered charging people a couple of bucks to ride or walk their bikes across it.

By the way, did you know some guy in Detroit owns the Ambassador Bridge between Motown and Windsor, Ontario? Only privately held bridge in North America.
There is another private toll bridge across the Potomac connecting Greensprings WV to Oldtown MD. I don't think they have a bungee concession, but I'm sure they would take gold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.