Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think I'll win highest at $451.96/month. I got all the rebates/GM discount but I owed money on my trade in so I just rolled that into the price of the car plus I extended the miles for the 2 years to 18k/year. The orginal price was $319/month though.

G

·
And to think, for those that remember, when I tried to get one the salesman told me I could ONLY go five years (psssht, yeah right) and my payment (having negative equity from the cavalier, which had negative equity from my corvette) would be $930 a month !!!!

You bet your butt I walked out!

·
Registered
15 Posts
mine is 358 but I am doing double payments to cut down on how much interest i actually pay. And Big Mike, you should really look into some finance classes or something. you really sound like you are in serious trouble.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The highest customer I have had was 832.38 for 5 years. Lets just say there was not much of a discount on the vehicle when he came in and a rather high interest rate due to less than stellar credit.

Big Mike - 5 years loans are so out dated. I personally never get customers that want 5 years anymore. Either the dealership did not know what they were talking about or there were other factors that clogged the process.

G

·
mrbst47 said:
you really sound like you are in serious trouble.
Here is what happened. Bought my 95 vette for 18k due to it having low mileage, being purple, quite rare, blah blah blah. Turned out to be a real POS and wasnt worth but 9k when I traded it in. SO, I had to rollover that negative amount into the cavalier which stickered for 18k but got sold to me for 13k. So I financed 22k and, with a 72mo. loan, have 16k left to pay on it (its an 03). NOW the cavy is worth about 5k on trade which leaves 11k negative equity. So, although I dont have the vette anymore, its still fu**ing me in the ass !!! I dont need no stinkin financial class, I need to hurry up and pay this sucker off!

G

·
thought of that, didnt get GAP insurance. Otherwise, I would have had the black GTO I drove a few weeks ago. Oh yeah, I would have had it !!!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
big_mike said:
thought of that, didnt get GAP insurance. Otherwise, I would have had the black GTO I drove a few weeks ago. Oh yeah, I would have had it !!!
You know, I could total my GTO.... settle on it, get a check for all of the aftermarket stuff on it and get a new goat, cheaper payment, and have a ton of cash to mod.... where did you say you lived? :willy:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I got mine used for $24K + TTL + Lojack + Ext Warranty - $14K down = $268 a month.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i am idiot. bought right before incentives. took gap and loss of job insurance...
4000.00 trade in 1000.00 down cash.. 6.5%(then found my halfsister gives loans now and she could have got me 3.9%), anyway with gap and loss of job my payments are 689.00 :cheers i absolutly love and believe mine is worth every penni!!!! :cool

might not have gotten the best deal but i absolutely love this thing even at a total cost of 46,000.00 in the end worth it to me. i hope you all don't think i'm a total idiot. :D

if you wonder i paid msrp nothing more.

oh yeah, that include extended warranty of 5 year 100,000 miles and tax

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
JMJ80 said:
i am idiot. bought right before incentives. took gap and loss of job insurance...
4000.00 trade in 1000.00 down cash.. 6.5%(then found my halfsister gives loans now and she could have got me 3.9%), anyway with gap and loss of job my payments are 689.00 :cheers i absolutly love and believe mine is worth every penni!!!! :cool

might not have gotten the best deal but i absolutely love this thing even at a total cost of 46,000.00 in the end worth it to me. i hope you all don't think i'm a total idiot. :D

if you wonder i paid msrp nothing more.

oh yeah, that include extended warranty of 5 year 100,000 miles and tax

I also got the extended warranty. Did you get the GM extended warranty? If not then I would reccomend going and cancel the one you got and get the GM one. The vendor warranties are not nearly as good as the GM. Plus the GMPP is cheaper than most of the others. Finance offices normally do not offer becasue they make more money on the vendors.

Regardless of what you paid. If you are happy with the car then you got your moneys worth. Our store traditionally sells GTO's for MSRP and thats is. From my experience the people that buy that way are happeir with their experience than the ones that scrape for every penny. When I bought my car, which was right when the 05's were coming out, I knew that I could wait until the end of the year and get one cheaper(like right now). But I wanted the car and the color. So I bucked up and paid the extra 3 grand.

It is amazing how many people got their payments so low. Lots of big down payments as well.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
$813.05 a month for 36 months. Could have paid cash -- but with a .9% GMAC note -- driving off the lot with zero down and keeping the cash in equities actually costs less. Since most of that dough's earning close to 5% interest now -- it's almost like having a negative 4% subsidy from GM.

Rule of thumb? Save like crazy until you get a house -- funding your retirement the entire time (17% of pretax income). Once you've got that -- save like crazy until you can buy a car. If you go new, get the shortest loan you can possibly afford -- and hang onto your car as long as you possibly can.

Seriously? Buying low mileage used is always the best way to go. My Dad, who's loaded (although you'd never know it because always has and always will be careful with a buck), just bought a 2005 Ford Escape Limited 4x4 with 1,600 miles for 20 large -- and those things can sticker up to 30. If GM wasn't giving away GTO's at the end of last year -- I would've done the same.

Spending money's easy. Making money -- and creating true wealth for yourself -- is hard.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
$813.05 a month for 36 months. Could have paid cash -- but with a .9% GMAC note -- driving off the lot with zero down and keeping the cash in equities actually costs less. Since most of that dough's earning close to 5% interest now -- it's almost like having a negative 4% subsidy from GM.

Rule of thumb? Save like crazy until you get a house -- funding your retirement the entire time (17% of pretax income). Once you've got that -- save like crazy until you can buy a car. If you go new, get the shortest loan you can possibly afford -- and hang onto your car as long as you possibly can.

Seriously? Buying low mileage used is always the best way to go. My Dad, who's loaded (although you'd never know it because always has and always will be careful with a buck), just bought a 2005 Ford Escape Limited 4x4 with 1,600 miles for 20 large -- and those things can sticker up to 30. If GM wasn't giving away GTO's at the end of last year -- I would've done the same.

Spending money's easy. Making money -- and creating true wealth for yourself -- is hard.

:agree yup. Read books Millionaire Next Door and Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

They will change your life if you take them seriously.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.