Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have an 04 with 20k, I've had it 14 months.
Problems have been few, one seat belt tension sensor.
I get water in my right side door which sloshes around but eventually drains away, no one knows why.
My right front corner has been hit bt a Chevy Blazer and a big yellow dog.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've had my 04 for about 2 years now. It's just over 27K on the clock and just about as good as the day I picked it up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
got mine 12/1/2005 with 60 miles on it, no there is 520 miles on it, T....

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I was reminded that the original post also inquired about problems...

The only major issue was the 6-speed grenading at 30,000 miles. That was unnecesiarily nightmarish, mostly due the the complete idiocy and ineptitude of the dealership's service department. There was a protracted dance and eventual showdown, with the end result being that I got a whole new Tremec...failure mode given to me was a tail bearing frying, resulting in an internal mechanical mosh pit.

Avoid dealerships.

For a time I had a CAI installed, but no tune to adjust for the increased airflow....causing the engine to run rich. I "fixed" it by reverting back to the OEM intake.

Other than that, just typical wear and tear... and methodical replacement of parts has allowed me to fix my other annoyances on the car via modification.

Fixed:

• Soft, boaty suspension
  • Vague steering
  • Rubbery shifter with intercontinental throws
  • Shift light / tone disabled by GM lawyers
  • Barely adequate brakes (OK- this one is only partially fixed)
  • No Satellite Radio Option
  • Stupid-looking, useless spoiler
  • Ugly OEM wheels
  • Disingenuous, embarassing P-P-Pontiac branding with related ugly nose fascia

Two small things that bug me and I haven't got around to addressing yet:

• Weird pedal placement that makes heel-toe shifting tricky (FIX: Ultimate Pedals)
  • No dead pedal (several homegrown solutions)
  • Driver's seat is sagging

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had my 05 for 11 months and have 14k on it. The control module in the passenger seat stopped working 2 months ago and seat won't move up, down, forwards, or backwards. The trunk light won't turn on when opened. The t-sat seems to get stuck just as car is warming up and I have to run heat full blast for a minute to get it to open up and drop water temp out of the red.:confused

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.