Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has these on their goat ? What size tire are you running ? Whats the ride quality like ?

(I was gonna get AZA Z-1 18x8.5's all around and was concerned with rubbing, then I ordered 17x8 Beyern 5's...found out from the company today there on backorder with no ETA)

·
Registered
46 Posts
when wheels are a bit too big and scrape what do you do? i heard people mention rolling the fenders and you mentioned "roll it" so i figured you meant fenders as well. does this mean they actually cut away the fender to make the wheel well bigger? how much does it cost?

·
Registered
135 Posts
sno-rydr said:
when wheels are a bit too big and scrape what do you do? i heard people mention rolling the fenders and you mentioned "roll it" so i figured you meant fenders as well. does this mean they actually cut away the fender to make the wheel well bigger? how much does it cost?
You roll the inner fender lip. It basically gets rolled up and out of the way. You can cut or grind the fender lip if you want, just be sure to paint it.

A heat gun and wood baseball bat are supposed to work well for rolling the fenders. I'm going to use an actual fender roller.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
05GTO said:
I don't believe the 18 inch wheels have started arriving in dealers, I remember reading somewhere they expect those cars in late spring.

BTW, how's the avatar?
Well, i know a couple had special option 18" wheels for the 04. They were multi spokes..

and i LOVE the avatar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.