Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought my GTO when I was 22 and I got 2.9%. Age doesn't matter as much as your credit history, but being young means that you probably don't have much credit history to begin with. I saved up and offered a big down payment so the dealership would know I was serious. That would be my advice to you. It can only save you money in the long run. I've had mine for 2 and a half years and have made all my payments on time so the next time I buy a car from GM they would almost have to offer me the same rate or better. Also if you are negotiating with the finance department and they tell you that that X rate is the best they can do for you and you aren't happy with it, walk away and you will find out how bad they want a sale. When I first went to the dealership they told me 8% would be the best they could do. I said, "No thanks" and left. The next day they called me back and offered 2.9% and I took it. So just be patient and don't get pressured into a bad deal, because it is more than likely they want you to buy that car even more than you do. Good luck!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
well when i got mine i was 21 but i didn't have that much credit history but i did get financed by GMAC at 6.75%x60 months

·
Registered
39 Posts
im 21 and i got new 06 for 4.9% no credit history whatsoever, i almost hugged the finance dude at the dealership haha:D

dude

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.