Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
h777 said:
Just wondering if some of you all are waiting for the 06 GTO and what might the reason be? Also, any word so far what new to expect?
Everything right now is all rumor, but have heard maybe a different front fascia, a little more hp (different cam and heads) and maybe some of the monaro options (seat memory, dual air, etc.) All rumors from different sources, so please hold the bashing to a minimum....

I want an 06 to have the last year thay are made in Australia. I'm afraid, as are others on this forum and others, that the build quality will not be as solid as the current GTO. I also want the extra HP and the possibility of having a GTO with all the bugs, however slight, all fixed. Also, doesn't the old addage, save the best for last, also apply to cars? :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
just waiting in general, I lurk these boards but I think Im just trying to decide what car I want next year...selling my miata in a few days and will get a car this winter (esiest time to buy a sports car)

-shahul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I was going to get a 2005. The sap package and leasing arent seeming to mix to well with the dealers around here though. In the meantime I figure I can save up enough money to buy a 2006 when they show up.

Does anyone know what month the 2006's will be available?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
ShahulX said:
just waiting in general, I lurk these boards but I think Im just trying to decide what car I want next year...selling my miata in a few days and will get a car this winter (esiest time to buy a sports car)

-shahul
Guess I'm not the only one trying to decide what car to get after my Miata. I'm lurking her, on the Crossfire forum, and on the Solstice forum. I really like the Solstice, but it's awfully similar to the Miata. The GTO has such a nice interior and great engine that I just have to consider it. The Crossfire seems more age appropriate (in my 50's) and reminds me of my father-in-law's C-3 Cunningham.

ShahulX, what other cars are you considering?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
GumbyGoat said:
I'm afraid, as are others on this forum and others, that the build quality will not be as solid as the current GTO. I also want the extra HP and the possibility of having a GTO with all the bugs, however slight, all fixed. Also, doesn't the old addage, save the best for last, also apply to cars? :lol: :lol: :lol:
:agree

In addition, it just gives me that much more time to make a 100% down payment. Sorry, I've been listening too much to Dave Ramsey, although he would never agree to buy new! But being I've had the same car for over a decade with no payments in 6 years, why not??
:cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
MoreMoonShine said:
:agree

In addition, it just gives me that much more time to make a 100% down payment. Sorry, I've been listening too much to Dave Ramsey, although he would never agree to buy new! But being I've had the same car for over a decade with no payments in 6 years, why not??
:cool
I've had a monthly car payment for so long, I don't think my life would feel complete without one.... :cheers
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,151 Posts
GumbyGoat said:
2006 production starts Jun/Jul timeframe for a Oct/Nov arrival at dealerships. 06 will more than likely just be a carryover from the 05, IMHO.
Information is hard to find on the 06 GTO, I expect some changes, here are the color options rumored to be available for next years model.

12U Cyclone Grey Metallic
13U Quicksilver Metallic
24U Impulse Blue Metallic
62U Torrid Red
71U Spice Red Metallic
66U Brazen Orange Metallic
80U Phantom Black Metallic

Brazen Orange Metallic


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
05GTO said:
Information is hard to find on the 06 GTO, I expect some changes, here are the color options rumored to be available for next years model.

12U Cyclone Grey Metallic
13U Quicksilver Metallic
24U Impulse Blue Metallic
62U Torrid Red
71U Spice Red Metallic
66U Brazen Orange Metallic
80U Phantom Black Metallic
Any pictures of the Spice Red Metallic? Any Interior color changes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
geerhed said:
Why doesnt GM just import the Holdens as is and still call it the GTO! sounds like all the options are on the holden and (everyone) including myself prefers the holden body over the pontiac.
They are Holdens, with nasty Pontiac noses nailed on by Holden...because Detroit said so. Importing them as is would be problematic-- Right hand drive would make passing and buying cheeseburgers (hold the pickles) most difficult.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
the 2006 will be available in early august, i got this information after debating with my self weather to buy an 05, or wait for the 06 i quickly realized it would be some time before i had enough for a down payment and waiting for the 06 would be a better option for obvious reasons ( slightly increased HP, TQ, better body, and problems fixed etc...)

so i called 1-800-2PONTIAC I spoke with the GTO representative and they informed me that the 2006 would be coming out in August of 05
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Waiting for 06

One of the best reasons to wait would be for more horsepower, side airbags,gages,navigation and a host of the other options left out by GM. Would like to see White as an avaliable color.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top