Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the board. I have a 68 GTO and a 70 GTO. Am active member in central Calif POCI Chapter. there is one of our members that bought a new GTO last Feb. Bought it from a local dealer who makes deals on new cars to club members. At that time, he was lucky to get it at sticker, about $32K. Other local dealers were adding $4K and up to sticker. just wondering , who out there wanted one so bad, they might have gone a little crazy $$ wise.

Just Curious

thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
I paid around sticker as well, $32,465 I got mine for, before 3.7 financing, and added LoJack on as well for the insurance discount. I got mine in May, too bad I didn't wait a few months more where I could have gotten it on smart buy...I hate the $672 a month payments...but my "Girl's" worth it :cool

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, $672 a month. I dont think i could sleep at night with that kind of car payment, My house payment is less than that, though not much less.
of course i cant drive my house anywhere

·
Registered
177 Posts
Heh, and I still pay extra...luckily the insurance is only about $1400 a year. I wasn't ready to buy a car when I did, just while at work I passed the dealer and saw a black GTO out there 3 days in a row. On the 3rd day I decided to stop on my way back to my job at the end of the work day, and the salesman told me to sit in it. Afterwords, I proceeded to go to the bank, get a decent loan rate, and went back to the dealer before they closed. The dealer gave me .5% less than my other loan quote, and well, put a $100 binder down so the car couldn't be sold to who was supposed to come buy it the next morning. Safe to say, I was there when they opened the next morning. So, no deposit aside from that binder = $672 a month. I know I wrote a short story, but hey...I needed to explain myself, and it was definitely worth it. I love the performance, and the black/red combo I love.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Over paid

I hope no one is pissed by this. I got mine for around $25000 after my dad's GM discount and $4500 cash GM wash offering about 7 weeks ago here in Lansing. I actually leased mine for $270/month, 15k miles a year, 2 years. I plan to drive the piss out of this car. I love it. I had originally ordered an 05 for delivery in February but I couldn't pass up the price on the 04. I'm looking forward to GM offering up a JUDGE package. I plan to buy an new GTO once my lease runs out or if the deal offers an early buy out. Which ever comes first.

In case anyone was wondering, AAA, $950/year full coverage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine was 32,500 out the door. I did get lucky and get the 2.9% financing through GMAC and 2k rebate as well. I have Allstate and it runs me 1000/yr.

A

·
0 Posts
I paid $41000 less $2000 GM bonus for a real price of $39000 due to local excise taxes. I got 2.99% from GM. I got a good deal for everybody else I know paid $46-48,000 and 5.99%. I expect the new 05' GTO to sell here for about $50,000. How about them apples?!!!! Consider yourselves fortunate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
GTO price

:cool I've had mine since mid August. They had just started offering the $2000 rebate and after doing some comparison shopping I ended up getting mine for $30,000 including tax,title,etc. out the door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i bought my gto in the sept 30th i paid 28,700 before my gms pricing and got 0 percent interest. so total price was like 26,900 or close to that then add tax and title. i pay 467 a month for 60 months with no money down

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sticker less Nov discount in NJ

I didn't even negotiate. I found the car listed on Pontiac's internet saying the local dealer had it. Went down, they didn't have it on the lot. But let me test drive an automatic & a stick (black & red respectively). But had my heart set on cosmo purple metallic. Bought the car site unseen to get the discount (which increased in Dec). Hated myself for a few days but every time I get in the car the regret leaves in seconds. Too much fun to drive, forget the price....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Afterglow said:
I hope no one is pissed by this. I actually leased mine for $270/month, 15k miles a year, 2 years.
I just leased my second goat for $177/month, 2 years, 50,000 miles. My dad got quoted in Chicago for $130/month, 2 years, 24,000 miles.

adearmas said:
I expect the new 05' GTO to sell here for about $50,000.
I don't see any conceivable reason this will ever hold true. There are still '04s sitting on lots @ $22,000 how could you even eat the extra 30 grand for 50 more horsepower and hood scoops?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Judging from the replies, so far, I guess I'm in 2nd place. I thought the question was who paid the "most." Since this is a relatively new forum and most of the owners are recent buyers, maybe so.

I paid MSRP, plus Lojack, less a couple hundred bucks earnings credits on my GM card, March 6 for my M6. I thought it was a fair deal, since all other Phoenix [AZ]-area dealers were marking them up $3,000 - 5,000. I don't know if they succeeded in getting it. Both the dealers and apparently the buyers kept that info to themselves.

Yeah, looking back and knowing what I know now, I wish I'd waited. Hundred years from now I won't care.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked mine up on 01/03/05.

Got it for invoice, I am a GM employee but cannot use GMS price with GM card rebates.

I got it for invoice minus GMAC 5500 rebate and 5070 in GM card bonus monies. For a 2 year Smart Lease it was 100.80 per month. I put 300 down which included the first months payment and tags and it came out to 89.03 per month for 24 months including taxes. That's a great deal!

Gene

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't Believe im posting this one

My final total on my bill of sale was for 41,037.47 after tax title and don't forget NO INCENTIVES or REBATES.

With that said i have no regrets, i could of done things cheaper instead of having the dealer put thier chrome rims on it, and had the dealer install an aftermarket alarm and built in Radar Detector System. If i would of waited would of saved $$$ but then living in Chicago don't have all year to drive it and wasn't gonna buy it when snow is on the ground.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought mine 12/21/04. With taxes, title, plates, etc I paid 25,589.
Put down $700, with 2.9 for 60 mos I pay 446 mo. I feel bad for the poor bastards that had to pay way too much. The dealer I bought mine from had like 8 04's on the lot at the time. They were dying to sell them. I feel like I stole the car. Couldn't be happier.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts