Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i am gettiing a new gto this weekend, and the dealer is offer me 25995 with 2.9 for 60. if anyone had a better deal, pleaseeee let me know.
Also put down the price you paid for your and the month you bought the car.it doesn't have to be lower the 25995, i just one to see the trend gm sells their car.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I got a quote today for $25,785. That included M6 and dealer add-ons of window tint and fabric protection. This DFW TX Dealer said that the last 500 04 models were painted the special Pulse Red (+$295) and said this was a "special addition". He also stated that he had his last 04's delivered this week. If that is the case, I'm not sure GM will sweeten the $3500 rebate any more. This may be as low as it goes and their numbers will be on the decline. I might not be able to wait until Feb to decide between the O4 and 05 models. The LS2 only has 30 lb-ft of torque more and is rated 4 mpg less on the highway. Larger Brakes and footrest I can add on my own if I really need them. Scoops and split exhaust are cosmetic only and don't improve performance. What have others been finding in their area?

·
Registered
674 Posts
The best I got on long island from three dealers was 3500 plus 2800 on an auto.

One dealer said 3500 plus tissue which is 1800, another said 3500 plus 300 over tissue less a 500 coupon which is 2300. both of these were for manuals.

I want 7000 off sticker which is 26200, so the 2300 dealer is only about 1200 off. lets see what happens when december rolls around, and if i still have my 93 Z28 6sp with 41000 miles and a lot of suspension mods etc.

·
Registered
410 Posts
My concern is getting the color I want. There are only a few blues with manuals left in Texas. I most likely will buy tomorrow so I get the color I want. There are only 2 barbados and 3 impluse with manual trans left in the DFW area. I think the deals will get better but they will be on Automatics and black and silver cars.

·
Registered
674 Posts
My first choice is barbados, my second is silver. I will pay 500 extra for barbados assuming I still like it next time I see it. I dont care that much if it is an auto since I will be leasing it. I had terrible luck with GMs so called customer service with my wifes Aurora. I would take the car to car washes every month or so instead of hand washing like I do to cars I own, and change the oil every 7500 for three years and then hand them the keys.

·
Registered
77 Posts
From what I have read, the GM employee price on an six speed is a little over $29K. Minus the $3,500 rebate, that puts you down around $26K. Much under that is going to be difficult. And I doubt the rebate will change with the successful sales figures that last 2 months.

But, if you can find you a sweet deal, go for it!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Find a dealer in a town of 20,000 people with three GTO's in stock. He will deal! He still has two automatics in stock that I am sure he would like to dump.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GTO For 27k

I paid 26k for my silver GTO, everyone keeps saying how the 05 will be so much better ?? yeah hood scoops, split exhaust and 50 hp...but there not getting in an 05 for 26k!!! plus, if there only making them for aprox. 4 years, who wants a middle year? get an 04 or an 07/08 if it makes it... i'm lovin' the 04 !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

2061 tax

15 cook county tax

143 plates and title
Dealer's quote:

31672 total

<5500> rebates

Total- $26172

0% FOR 72 MONTHS ON ALL 2004 MODEL PONTIAC AND GMC'S!! PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE MARKET!! NOW THRU 11/30/2004!!!! INVENTORY IS SLIM BUT WE STILL MAY HAVE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!!

Let me know when you want the car.

Thank you

Mike Ruiz

·
Registered
8 Posts
How are you guys getting these prices? My dealer has a Black on black GTO that he has been trying to get me to buy for the last month and a half. He even showed up at work with the car for a test drive. He's telling me that their cost is $31,468.00 with destination. After rebates and two coupons thats $26,968. This is a large dealership with three or four locations in a 40 mile radius and after checking online they have 16 04' GTO's sitting on the lot and in a week or two we will have snow on the ground. I think I'm going to hold off until they really want to dunp these cars.

Paul

·
Registered
87 Posts
Paul said:
How are you guys getting these prices? My dealer has a Black on black GTO that he has been trying to get me to buy for the last month and a half. He even showed up at work with the car for a test drive. He's telling me that their cost is $31,468.00 with destination. After rebates and two coupons thats $26,968. This is a large dealership with three or four locations in a 40 mile radius and after checking online they have 16 04' GTO's sitting on the lot and in a week or two we will have snow on the ground. I think I'm going to hold off until they really want to dunp these cars.

Paul[/QUOTE

My dealer got with the zone rep and sold it to me at the GM employee price and then did the discounts. That's how they got it down to $25,200. However, even at the price you were quoted, it is one heck of a buy. Where else can you get 350HP and 395lb of torque for that money? And, after roughly 3000 miles, I haven't had the first problem.

·
Registered
674 Posts
what does GMS mean?

one dealer offered me an auto with 2800 off sticker before the 3500 rebate.

I want 3500 off sticker, 3500 rebate, then my gm card earnings on a three year smartbuy with the 18500 buyout. No leases here in NY.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was looking at the AOL car site yesterday and they say ther is a $500 car show discount. The International Car Show is in our area in San Fran.
That would make a $4000 discount.
I still can't make up my mind GTO, 350Z, Corvette.

GTO-TO-GO

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.