Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was - but they found one for me somewhere in Louisiana. Picked it up today :) Paid more than a lot of people here did :mad: But less than a lot of others, and this car rocks!

I also bought the movie yesterday. Haven't watched it yet, but it's worth the $15 for the DVD for the special features - it has a Speed Channel road test of the '04, and some historical stuff on 60's GTOs. All very cool. The movie is probably goat poo, but hey, it's cooler than a glossy brochure.

Anyone want to buy a '96 SHO w/95k miles?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did they trailer that car to you from LA? Im sure they did, how many miles was on it? I guess you got the M6?

I thought there were some black ones around here in Dallas?

I'm still considering colors.. going to look at the Cosmo Purple tomorrow along with Quick Silver with red interior sounds like a cool match.

But the yellow with black interior is my first choice, just making sure what color i want. The black is wonderul looking but ive had three new black cars in my time and i already know what it takes to keep them clean. WOW.. hard as heck..

good luck with your car, im going for the A4 i do believe.. just alot of people complaining about their M6's. but i was leaning towards automatic anyways.

see ya.. Tony in Dallas

·
Registered
476 Posts
jontyrees said:
I was - but they found one for me somewhere in Louisiana. Picked it up today :) Paid more than a lot of people here did :mad: But less than a lot of others, and this car rocks!

I also bought the movie yesterday. Haven't watched it yet, but it's worth the $15 for the DVD for the special features - it has a Speed Channel road test of the '04, and some historical stuff on 60's GTOs. All very cool. The movie is probably goat poo, but hey, it's cooler than a glossy brochure.

Anyone want to buy a '96 SHO w/95k miles?
Go join the Contour Enthusiast Group Forum and post it in their classified section. They have people looking for SHO's as well as SVT's.

www.contour.org

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good call on the Contour group, I'll try that. I may try to find a SHO forum too - I used to hang out at one a few years ago, but it seemed to fall apart, probably around the time the cars were falling apart. Actually, that's not really fair on the SHO. It's been a GREAT car for us - we got it used w/29k miles on it 6 years ago, and it's literally never been in the shop except to repair a fender bender. Fairly fast and comfortable, handles ok with summer tires, engine seems indestructible. We're only getting rid of it to make room for the GTO, plus some of the regular Taurus bits are going south - eg trim pieces like cupholders, and the sure death knell - the A/C. Someone will get a good car for v.little money - good high schooler ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts