Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im new to this form and just got my hands on a 2006 GTO 6 spd black on black about 2 days ago and i love it,

but my freind has a 2001 C5 corvette NOT a Z06 AUTOMATIC
and i was wondering if i was to race him WHO WOULD WIN bottom line i dont really no to much about GEAR RATIO'S and S**T like that just wondering WHO WOULD WIN!!!!!!!!!

and i dont meen to be Touting my own FLUTE but i am considered a better then average Driver Due to 3 monthes at a RACING school out in willow springs

thanks for your replys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
enjracing said:
racing school doesn't mean dick dude. sorry. i have taught many guys at different racing schools and the ones with no talent never got it. most never got it!

www.enjracing.com
yeah i could understand what you meen but i was one of those guys that did get it
and i also use to make a living out of racing after i did those 3 months actually i got it after the 1st week just kept going to try and IMPROVE!!!

DIDNT no to much about the cars.. just knew how to drive the S*** outa them!!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
make a living? where? how? did you see my web site? not to be a dick, but i was a european formula car driver and touring car driver and there were no guys making a living in the pro ranks after going to racing school. if that was the case, all of us pros would have retired.

·
Registered
210 Posts
also dude..............there are no fast "pro" drivers that no nothing about the cars they drive. it's just not possible. you need to set up the cars suspension to get the most out of it and without that knowledge, you aren't a real driver. it takes years to get that ability. if you were a pro, what is your name? i was in the business as a pro for 11 years and still might be going back into it, so i will surely know who you are.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a few years experience road racing at Willow Springs, Button Willow, Las Vegas, etc. ........... so I'll have to tell you the driver is really important. The other thing to consider is the brakes (and smaller tires) on the GTO. I know the Corvette will do many laps on Big Willow but I have my doubts about the GTO's brakes. Maybe a racer with GTO track time can chime in. All I know is brakes in my T-bird didn't last half a lap on the Streets of Willow Springs going half speed.

Thanks,
Russ
(IKF Spec Sprint Road Race Region 7 Champ 2000 and I'm not the fastest guy out there)

·
Registered
231 Posts
This guy sounds like cole from the movie "Days of Thunder" :lol: had the privilege of running a C5 out of the hole and I must say its a pretty even race until you hit the upper RPM band and then the LS2 will start to pull on the C5 of course I let off at about 80mph.

·
Registered
738 Posts
06gto6spd said:
my freind has a 2001 C5 corvette NOT a Z06 AUTOMATIC and i was wondering if I was to race him WHO WOULD WIN bottom line I dont really no to much about GEAR RATIO'S and S**T like that just wondering WHO WOULD WIN!!!!!!!!!
You should now some type of estimate who would win just comparing The HP and the torque and the weight of the car

06gto6spd said:
and I don't meen to be Touting my own FLUTE but I am considered a better then average Driver Due to 3 monthes at a RACING school out in willow springs
First off,
Who considers you a better than average driver ?:confused :confused

Second,
You are touting you're horn In the most likely event that you will be draging, Racing school would not be even revlant in this situation. Dragracing school would be revlant. Even if the racing school did teach you something the probaly just touch on the subject. And would not give you that much of advantge.

Third,
Why did you waste all that money for just toot you horn let's see some race wins.

Finaly,
Just because you say something does noy make it true.

·
Registered
210 Posts
also, on a road course, the vette has far more rubber on the road than we do. we basically have skateboard size tires compared to that car. it's rediculous actually. that is one thing i like about mustangs. with a few small mods, you can fit 305-315's even on the front!!!!! now that would hike up our skid pad numbers dramatically.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Damn! You guys act like a person can't give themselves a little praise. Why all the negativity? He said he's a little better than average not the best driver out there. Who here can honestly explain how good average really is? What will you compare averages against? It seems to me that those of you who are tripping probably feel that you're a better driver. And we all know that the best drivers out there can get their asses handed to them when they least expect it. Tell me... where are your $1,000,000 contracts? Geez!! Some of you need to take a chill pill.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW guys calm down i guess this is just a whole big MIS-Understanding VERY SORRY about that

Here's my story i am 24 years old and im out in L.A and i never raced professionaly and never even raced on a track OTHER then racing School and erwindale's Thursday night thunder SO IM AM NOT PLEASED TO SAY I WAS JUST LIVING OFF STREET RACING but i am not encouraging ANY KIND OF STREET racing,

VERY DANGEROUS and STUPID I KNOW!!!!!!!! (im not a street racer anymore)

so thats what i ment by making a living, SO ONCE AGAIN I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE MIS-UNDERSTANDING

now back on subject if i was to take my GTO to Erwindale speedway witch is a 1/8 of a mile drag strip would MY 6spd GTO win against a 2001 Corvette auto....

p.s
Maybe all the races i won were against REALLY Bad Drivers....

didnt meen to STIR UP THE FORUM!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts

Well, if you're going to rip a guy, at least show "edumication" !

You are touting you're horn
that means "you are" - you mean "your"...and I think you meant "tooting"

Racing school would not be even revlant
you mean "relevant", as in pertaining to, and not "too"

teach you something the probaly
I think you mean "probably", and you couldn't possibly teach anything but Spec. Ed...or Football.

Be nice.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Will someone just answer the question. Yes you will spank a C5 in your 06GTO. I sold my C5 6 speed to a friend, and raced him in my 04 GTO (Only 350hp). We were pretty much dead even, and they were both 6 speeds. Since the corvette is an Automatic, and your GTO is 400hp you will kill him.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
01 and up C5's have about 15 more hp due to and improved intake. The automatics have reduced torque because of the weak link transaxle.

Net result, you should be able to beat him in an 1/8 mile if you can launch decent. That's a tough thing with the narrow rubber on the GTO.

I'd put my money on any LS2 GTO vs a C5 A4. If the C5 is a M6 then I wouldn't bet at all unless I knew the drivers, too many variables and too close IMO.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mike-Omologato-G. said:
Well, if you're going to rip a guy, at least show "edumication" !

that means "you are" - you mean "your"...and I think you meant "tooting"

you mean "relevant", as in pertaining to, and not "too"

I think you mean "probably", and you couldn't possibly teach anything but Spec. Ed...or Football.

Be nice.
Damn, you beat me to it!
Where's Groucho when you need him?

BTW, the GTO should take him top end.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.