Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This couldn't have been any better or more satisfying. My wife, her best friend, and my son were on the way to my mother's house to ditch the kid for a wedding reception, so I had 3 1/2 people in the car including myself.

I was getting into urbania, there were stoplights at least every 3-4 blocks, and at one of the intersections, a guy who looked to be in his mid 30s in like a '91 or '92 red Civic hatchback with some black on chrome aftermarket rims & a fart pipe makes a right turn, and follows me up to the next red light, nobody in front of us. Usually I won't do a stoplight unless someone initiates it, and I figured he wouldn't bother, since we were stopped on a mild hill. Well, the light turns green and he nails it, spins his tires, and hums off. So I throw down after my rollout, and he's got at least a 4 length jump, but by the end of 2nd, I caught him. I waved to him as I passed by, but he ignored me like I was on a bicycle. :rolleyes:

Not too bad for having 3 more people in the car than him, going up hill, with a hell of an early start. :cool

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar encounter but i was in the honda and it was a g8 gxp that pick on me uphill from a 40 roll, he pulled up next to me and i was in fifth gave it enough gas so he could hear the blow off valve---- dude just dumped it into to second and jumped 1 car on my little honda then when i pulled up to his quarter panel he let off and turned....... he ahd no idea that i had a big turbo on my little honda....

I am loosing the honda because nobody gives it any love except for kids with a muffler on there integra

I am hoping to trade up to a gto in the spring and adding either the sts or aps turbo kit...:party:

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I didn't understand what the guy was expecting, he wants to act like he's hard, and when I beat him with a car full of ladies he's gonna act like his foot slipped? Too much douchebaggery on the streets. I wish I could have slapped him in his skullet.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A chirp of the tires is an invite... no matter who it is. Like a fat chick buying you a drink at the bar... you're going to turn it down?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
A chirp of the tires is an invite... no matter who it is. Like a fat chick buying you a drink at the bar... you're going to turn it down?
Like I said above not worth the gas, expecally with my family in the car. I don't get how that second part you typed correlates with racing a Honda. I will tell her thanks for the drink:lol:

Humm so with that said, you will not turn down an invite to a gay bar and in that gay bar you will not turn down a dance with a gay guy during a slow song. Interesting...

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see what's so dangerous about a straight road, accelerating up to 60-70...

And piss on his little H, you don't quick roll up to me at a light all hot an bothered with your glitter rims & rubber band tires, then expect me to pull a Porsche owner move and completely ignore you.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I don't see what's so dangerous about a straight road, accelerating up to 60-70...
Anything can happen man, you never know. Be safe.
And piss on his little H, you don't quick roll up to me at a light all hot an bothered with your glitter rims & rubber band tires, then expect me to pull a Porsche owner move and completely ignore you.
:lol: Damn man, you take it to another level. I see you don't turn down nothing:cheers

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The fact that you have a gto and he has a crx would ve been satisfying enough for me. What did you prove by beating a 120hp 4 banger with a 400hp car? not trying to sound like a dic just wondering if im missing something.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The fact that you have a gto and he has a crx would ve been satisfying enough for me. What did you prove by beating a 120hp 4 banger with a 400hp car? not trying to sound like a dic just wondering if im missing something.
I had a big weight disadvantage with 3 passengers.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I hear you, Dan. It's not really about proving anything, it's more of a satisfaction thing. I wouldn't do it, but I do understand where you're coming from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts