Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 69 GTO and want to put some old school 15" ss Cragars on it. Fat tires in the back (that dont rub or require any modification to the car) and normal size tires in the front. I've been googling and reading and entering info in all kinds of retail web sites for the past two days and still can't come up with a straight answer. I would think that someone would have figured out by now what the rim size and tire options are for my car. Anyone?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Seems like I've been doing this for ages and I run in to the same thing. What I did once is I took the car to an established tire store that sold aftermarket wheels and performance tires, they put some big shoe's on my 60 Impala. These guy's deal with this all the time. Maybe they can help. After all, they want to sell you something! I just replaced the 4:11 gears in the rear of my 65 GTO to 3:36's. With the little 14" tires is still spins the engine to tight on the thruway. I'm looking at 15"or 16" cragars with bigs and small's for the classic look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts