Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why there is only 3 choices in the Sport Appearance Package for the 05 GTO that is out? I really like the Midnight Blue but that option is not available for that color.I've heard you can get a package that is primed but I would'nt trust my local dealer to get that done properly. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree that front bumper part of the package looks a little tricky, maybe for somebody good its not a problem but I don't know any one I would trust either. Maybe if there is a good demand for it, they will offer them. That midnight blue is very sharp. I have a laptop and I have a picture of the blue GTO on it on as a background picture, when you tip the screen slowing away from you the color gets darker and deeper, I hope its that color in real life.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Reno'sGoat said:
Does anyone know why there is only 3 choices in the Sport Appearance Package for the 05 GTO that is out? I really like the Midnight Blue but that option is not available for that color.I've heard you can get a package that is primed but I would'nt trust my local dealer to get that done properly. Thanks
You don't trust them to paint it properly or you don't trust them to install it properly?

You do know that the three colors it is available in is a dealer installed option, right?

Greg

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would suggest that they chose the 3 most produced colors to cover the majority of customers and then left the prime set to cover the remaining. I was surprised in the differences in the number of cars in each particular color. Lots of silvers and blacks, very few blues. It would be a significant cost to have the kits available in every color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont know about gm sometimes. When i was still shopping around there were two colors that struck me and really liked. Black was not one, didnt do the gto justice like on other cars and trucks, purpal is that spelled righ was kinda like the black didnt show much of the black trim and details of the car. Silver was better with the red intierior, and the dark blue was getting pretty nice to look at too. Yellow stood out but is something that would become old and sick of looking at as an owner. all and all there was a good wide selection ,the red and the barbados blue were to me the colors that looked great on this peticular car. I ended up choosing the blue. Now that i hear gm discontinuing that color it makes me wander what they are doing. The two most said comments i get about the way it looks is how nice the seats/interior is and the color. I seem to think along with others that if any colors should go it definately shouldnt be barbados. What do yaaaal think about that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for your help. I didn't even think about the Midnight Blue showing scratches. I'm not concerned about the dealer installing, it's the color matching and quality of work that bothers me. The Silver is looking better all the time.

·
Registered
386 Posts
doggy_dogg_101 said:
I dont know about gm sometimes. When i was still shopping around there were two colors that struck me and really liked. Black was not one, didnt do the gto justice like on other cars and trucks, purpal is that spelled righ was kinda like the black didnt show much of the black trim and details of the car. Silver was better with the red intierior, and the dark blue was getting pretty nice to look at too. Yellow stood out but is something that would become old and sick of looking at as an owner. all and all there was a good wide selection ,the red and the barbados blue were to me the colors that looked great on this peticular car. I ended up choosing the blue. Now that i hear gm discontinuing that color it makes me wander what they are doing. The two most said comments i get about the way it looks is how nice the seats/interior is and the color. I seem to think along with others that if any colors should go it definately shouldnt be barbados. What do yaaaal think about that.
Barbados sold the least along with purple, thus why they discontinued them. The dealer I got mine from had 7 GTOs on the lot, 3 of them Barbados Blue, 2 of them purple.

It is widely felt, in the GTO community, that the Barbados Blue is the worst color for the goat, on top of the fact that it looks like a girls car.

But, to each his own.

·
Registered
185 Posts
toyotatom said:
lambertgoat, I had a black truck for three years a while back. Black was no fun. I think its the Z5 from zaino polishing products that work wonders on light scratches. Is dark blue worst than black?
that's what i heard anyway, especially the dark blue metallics. I've even had two dealers tell me this and one was a 60 yr old chrysler sales man who sold us our Jeep liberty a month or so ago cuz we were looking at a dark blue metallic magnum......stock v6....nothing fancy, but we found a fully loaded 4wd liberty for cheaper.....just so if anyone ?'s my choice of liberty over magnum.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have owned both colors. Black is more difficult. Dark blue (I had GM blue black metallic) seemed to hide the dirt better and did not show as many imperfections. Just as black is, when clean, it looked awesome. :cheers

·
Registered
185 Posts
djdub said:
Barbados sold the least along with purple, thus why they discontinued them. The dealer I got mine from had 7 GTOs on the lot, 3 of them Barbados Blue, 2 of them purple.

It is widely felt, in the GTO community, that the Barbados Blue is the worst color for the goat, on top of the fact that it looks like a girls car.

But, to each his own.
No actually a girl's car doesn't have an LS1, but a neon on the other hand.....even an SRT-4, at the end of the day you're still driving a neon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.