Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
same with no cig lighter.... the manufacturers need to cut corners somewhere... you can allways add them tho... :willy: :party:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I am betting its an australian thing. I think they were going for the simplistic approach with the interior. Which I have to say I absolutley love.

R

·
0 Posts
You can buy the 'Pod' for the top center of the dash, the australin cars had an oil gauge, but it's in bars and not in psi.

·
Registered
31 Posts
the Manaro come with it.... Pontiac did not want to fork out the extra bucks to have the unit redesigned to meet U.S.DOT crash integrity, as "was" on the Manaro, it wont pass U.S. regs, so they found it cheaper to have an idiot light for both volts and oil pressure.... thats why they are not on our cars.

now, the unit is a plug-n-play... simple install..the 05's and 06's already come with the connector wired for it...its located in the vicinity of the right center A/C duct..some can get to it without removing the center console pieces and pulling the radio, some cant... i couldnt, i had to do the whole thing, and it still only took me less than an hour to do it...the radio pops right out with the radio removal tool, just like they do in fords...

you can get the gauges to match the ones in your car, blue, yellow, red... they are made for gm by holden. the oil pressure in bars is kinda cool, nice conversation starter... 1 bar = approx. 14.6 psi.

·
Registered
31 Posts
GNX231 said:
they look phat bro

looks likt a big job was it?
nope. take your time, everything pops right out (clips) used my fingernails to pry stuff up, no scratches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts