Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as to why GM decided not to provide white as a color option...personally, I think a white GTO with blk/red interior would look unbelievably good.

The reason I ask this is because I happen to be a fan of the speedway white Z06's with mod/red interior (very rare combo) and I think it would look incredibly good on a GTO too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree. White would have been another color I would have considered. I think that color combo would be sweet looking. Maybe in '06

·
Registered
590 Posts
anmracing said:
It is???? :confused

Yeah the purple is a one year option. That's the color to get if your going for a car that will be rare in about 10-20 years.....
yeah, and the Phantom Black is the easiest of all :rofl:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Im Italian and u know the old sayings about Italians and white cars Etc. I picked the GTO for its performance but I was very upset when there was no white available. Ever car I have had up till now was white. When I bought my GTO I even inquired to the dealer about having them send it out and paint it white but It was too much money and work, plus alot of the shops they called didnt want to pull out the engine. So I went with black. I hope that in 07 when I plan to get a new one, white is and option!

·
Registered
14 Posts
White is the best selling color year after year across all brands of cars. Black is next, then it gets mixed up depending on trends. But I would have bought a white with red interior over any other combo. I can't imagine purple would have outsold white...

·
Registered
109 Posts
djdub said:
Actuallly silver/gray is the best selling color year after year.
Do you have actual facts to back that? Just asking because I've seen numerous automotive sources state that white is the highest selling color for cars.

·
Registered
112 Posts
speedfrk said:
White is the best selling color year after year across all brands of cars. Black is next, then it gets mixed up depending on trends. But I would have bought a white with red interior over any other combo. I can't imagine purple would have outsold white...
No, white is not the top seller.

Silver is the #1 color followed by black and blue.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/car-guide-2004/top-colors1.asp

It's been that way for a few years, now.

The rankings are different for performance vehicles. For these cars red scores higher and white scores much lower.

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
anmracing said:
It is???? :confused

Yeah the purple is a one year option. That's the color to get if your going for a car that will be rare in about 10-20 years.....
What about Barbados blue????? Its a one year color and the RAREST of 04, especially the M6 @ 271 units!!! :cheers

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've yet too see it, but supposedly there's a white GTO floating around somewhere in NC...a couple friends of mine (who know cars, and don't even know each other) have reported seeing a white one. They said it looked good.

Oh, and silver is the best selling color :D (just had to add that)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow...I started this thread ages ago (before I bought my GTO if I remember correctly), cant believe it is still going...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts