Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In seeing many pictures from fellow goateers I have noticed one common trait: most vehicles lack tint. I personally prefer it, and have been waiting for a nice stretch of warm weather (I heard it adheres better in warm weather - rather than subzero temps) but I was just curious as to why so many haven't tinted...

·
Registered
26 Posts
We want to be seen!!! :cool

Actually I plan on having mine tinted. These cars have fairly large windows and in the south, the black interior can get hot.

But maybe it's because we dont have a sunroof? Might get too claustrophobic for some?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Since I finalized the deal on my car around 6pm or so the day I bought it, I had to wait until the next day to get the tint put on.

Hot Sauce said:
I got mine tinted, 20% all around
If I wasn't in Cali and on a military base I'd love to go that dark all around! :cheers

·
Registered
410 Posts
For those that are tinted - what did you do regarding the rear window and the radio antenna? I've heard tha using metalized tint can adversly effect radio reception. I'll be getting mine done next week.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For me and probably like other fellow members is that I am leasing my car.

The GMAC lease mentions not tinting the windows. In reality, not sure if they would care if it was professionally done. I am sure they just don't want you to turn the car in with bubbles everywhere in the tint job.

Still thinking of getting the tint. This black interior is already hot here in Indy and it is only May.

·
Registered
39 Posts
75coug said:
I just hate tint. When I bought my wife a new truck last year, I made the dealer tear off the tint before I would take delivery.
How could you hate tint? It makes a car look so much better. Every ad you've ever seen for a car has blacked out windows and windshield. Different strokes, I guess....

·
Registered
590 Posts
Most installers use heat gun / hairdryer for install, and after a couple hours in the sun, your ok.

Got 3M, 20% all 'round. illegal. just too darn hot down here.

no antenna reception problems.

Black on black on black. black car is labor of love

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
westell said:
Most installers use heat gun / hairdryer for install, and after a couple hours in the sun, your ok.

I to have 20% all around and have no problems with antenna reception... :cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
westell said:

I love those matte black stripes. Do you have any other pictures for my viewing pleasure?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm probably insane not to have tinted windows, living in metro Phoenix as I do (with our first 100-degree day predicted for Monday), but I've never had it on any of my cars.

I am so infernally picky that I just don't think I could live with it. On nearly every tint job I've ever seen--even the best--I've found little imperfections I just know would give me endless grief were the car my own. And, of course, no tint job lasts forever . . . especially in the brutal weather I endure. There are any number of cars with puckered, distorted window tint on our roads here.

I think tinted cars look wonderful when I see them go by, and that's fine for others, but I know I couldn't endure all the worries about scratches, picks, uneven edges and the like. No thanks.

·
Registered
590 Posts
zog said:
I love those matte black stripes. Do you have any other pictures for my viewing pleasure?
Thanks. I get more compliments on those than I can count. It really draws attention to the GTO. They turned out better than expected. Some days they look black, some days with bright sun, they look silver, cloudy days almost opaque. Got more pics just need to get them into gallery.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
westell said:
Thanks. I get more compliments on those than I can count. It really draws attention to the GTO. They turned out better than expected. Some days they look black, some days with bright sun, they look silver, cloudy days almost opaque. Got more pics just need to get them into gallery.

Yeah- nice! Where'd you get that idea from? :cheers

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.